Item Seller (Hyrule)
Runaway Item Seller (Husband)
The Item Seller is a character who appears in A Link Between Worlds. She runs the Item Shop found in the northwest of Kakariko Village. Her husband used to own it, but after he spent all of his profits on an apple from the Street Merchant outside of their shop, the Item Seller became angry and yelled at him, so he ran away out of fear. She complains about the Street Merchant to Link and does not hesitate to tell the hero not to buy his Recovery Heart due to being able to scoop them up off the ground with a Net. However, most of the time she seems rather pleasant.
The Item Seller offers a Scoot Fruit for 50 Rupees and a Foul Fruit for 30 Rupees. She also sells a Shield for 50 Rupees and tells Link it would be a good thing to have to defend himself from the monsters that have suddenly taken over Hyrule. If he refuses, she warns him to be careful. If he already has a shield, she does not sell it to him and instead says he should come back if he encounters one of the shield-eating monsters she has heard about.
- ↑ "S-so here's the thing: I run the item shop in Kakariko Village. Or, uh, I did. Until I wasted almost all of my profits on something dumb. Well, it didn't SEEM dumb at first. I bought an apple from the street merchant outside my shop. It looked so tasty. I gave him almost every Rupee I had. B-b-but you'd do the same thing too, right?" — Runaway Item Seller, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Anyway, about that apple... I ate it right away, right? And it was the best apple EVER. Worth every Rupee for sure. Unfortunately, my wife didn't see things that way. She really let me have it. And wow, how my wife can yell when she thinks she's right. Er, I guess she WAS right. It was most of our savings, after all. So, uh, and I'm not proud of this... but when I took a lunch break, I just sort of didn't come back." — Runaway Item Seller, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Lend me your ear for a moment, won't you? You know that street merchant outside? He's selling hearts. Can you believe that? Hearts! I mean, you can just scoop them off the ground with a net. The nerve of that man! Might as well sell the leaves off trees! Don't buy them, whatever you do." — Item Seller, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "That, my friend, is a Scoot Fruit. Just 50 Rupees. Want to buy it?" — Item Seller, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "That, my friend, is a Foul Fruit. Just 30 Rupees. Want to buy it?" — Item Seller, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Oh, you're interested in a shield? That makes perfect sense what with all those monsters outside the village. They sprang up so suddenly! I'll sell it to you for 50 Rupees. How about it?" — Item Seller, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Well then, be extra careful out there." — Item Seller, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "But you've got one! No one needs more than one shield. I have heard, though, that there are monsters out there that eat shields. So come back if that happens!" — Item Seller, A Link Between Worlds