The Swimmer is a character who appears in A Link Between Worlds. He can be found in the east of Lake Hylia on a small island near the House of Gales. When Link first meets him, the Swimmer is stretching. He reminds Link to do his own stretches as well. However, upon realizing that Link is not worried about his stretches, he asks if Link is more concerned about the House of Gales behind him. He explains that Link can see it by "stretching" using the D-Pad, which allows him to see farther to one side and spot the dungeon. Because there is no way to reach the building by land, the Swimmer learned to swim so he could reach it anytime. However, even though he can reach it, it's not possible to enter it initially, so the Swimmer suggests that they continue stretching. According to him, one can do anything as long as they keep up their stretching.
- ↑ "Aaaaaand... STRETCH!" — Swimmer, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Hey, guy. You seem like you get around a lot. Don't forget to do your stretches, OK?" — Swimmer, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "What, it's not your stretches that are troubling you? Then it must be that building over there, right? Huh, whatddya mean, which one? The one with the windmill. You can see it if you use +!" — Swimmer, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Say again? You can't see it? Then you'd better get to stretchin'! I mean with your thumb. Stretch it to the left, then the right, and when it's good and limber... then press + both > and v at once." — Swimmer, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "There's no way to get to that windmill place by land. So that's why I learned to swim. Now I can get there anytime—as long as I keep up with my stretching." — Swimmer, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "You can swim across to reach that building, but you can't get in. Ah, but don't give up now! Maybe you just need to stretch some more?" — Swimmer, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Hey, have you been swimming around? Well done, guy! But have you tried diving yet? Just keep up with your stretching, and you'll be ready for anything in the water!" — Swimmer, A Link Between Worlds