The Rumor Guy is a character who appears in A Link Between Worlds. He can be found in the east of the woods in northern Hyrule across a pit that can be crossed only when Link uses his Hookshot on a nearby tree. He stays in a room seemingly carved into a toppled tree trunk. He offers Link the gossip stories on the Witch, Princess Zelda, and Gramps.
When Link first enters his home, he recognizes the hero and explains that he saw him using his "shooty chain thing" to reach his place. He stops Link if he tries to leave, claiming that he can give him interesting secrets.
The story he tells about the Witch describes how she loved the Fortune-Teller. After the Fortune-Teller got sick, she made a potion for him, discreetly dropping it off, but later the Fortune-Teller tells her future and claims that she will never have a future with the man she loves, failing to realize that it is himself that she loves. Princess Zelda's rumor involves her visiting a painting of an ancient hero and princess cuddling every night, which the Rumor Guy believes is due to her having love on her mind. The story about Gramps is one that the Rumor Guy claims to have seen with his own eyes. According to him, he saw Gramps wake up at the crack of dawn and proceed to do one-fingered handstands.
- ↑ "Heh, heh! Want some gossip?" — Rumor Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "So you like to know other people's secrets! Whom do you want to know about? Ask away.
- The witch.
- Princess Zelda.
- Gramps." — Rumor Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Heh. I know you. You’re that little Link, right? I saw that shooty chain thing you used to get in here. Looks fun. Heh. Looks like you’ve gotten used to swinging a sword around, Link." — Rumor Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Huh? Going home? That’s a shame. Lots of stuff I could tell you. Interesting stuff. Heh." — Rumor Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "OK, WELL... You've heard about the witch, right? That old crone used to have a little bit of a thing for the fortune-teller. And you know how THAT goes. It just wasn't in the cards...or the crystal ball, I guess! When the fortune-teller got sick, she brewed him up a potion. Nothing better than homemade stuff, ya know? But she dropped it off in his mailbox on the sly. Bashful, that old girl. Warms the heart. Truly does. Ha! So then, later on, the witch actually goes and visits the fortune-teller to get her fortune, right? Well, I'm not one to gossip...
- What happened?So, the witch is at the fortune-teller's place–you've been there, yeah? So, he does a show with his hands and says, "But I see... I see...a man that you fancy! His face is cloudy... He does not return your affections! There is no future for the two of you." You believe that? What a fool! He couldn't tell that he was looking at himself! That poor woman... Never thought I'd feel bad for a witch! Now you've heard it. Go on, now. That gossip ain't gonna spread itself!" — Rumor Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Oh, that princess... She's quite an interesting one, let me tell you. You wanna hear something juicy? When we reach a certain age, even the princess comes to a point where she has love on her mind, right...?
- Of course!
- What happened?
- ↑ "Well, this isn't a rumor. It's something I actually saw with my own two peepers. But I probably shouldn't say anything–I'm not one to gossip. I might get in trouble if I told you. But on the other hand, if you really want to know, I mean... OK, WELL..." — Rumor Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "So, Gramps in Kakariko Village? Near the town square? He's 80 years old, or so he says. I don't think he's just some ordinary old man who's just hangin' around... So this one time, I saw him at the crack of dawn. You'll never guess what he was doing!