The Witch is a character who appears in A Link Between Worlds. She can be found inside of the Fortune-Teller's hut west of Lorule Castle. She seems to be in a relationship with the Fortune-Teller, as she always refers to him as "darling". When Link first enters, she brags about the Fortune-Teller, claiming that he is handsome and talented, but he corrects her by asserting that he is the most handsome and talented. She warns Link not to nitpick his fortunes, since they are always right.
If Link continues to speak to her, she may mention that she does not know Irene, and does not care about her if she has nothing to do with the Fortune-Teller. She also informs him that her fortune told her she would have good luck if she made some Purple Potion, and although she wants to make the Fortune-Teller happy, she does not like that the potions are made out of Monster Guts.
- In A Link Between Worlds, the Fortune Teller calls the Witch in Lorule "Mapes", likely referencing Maple from A Link to the Past.
- ↑ "I don’t mean to boast about my spicy darling here, but why not? Not everyone’s got a fellow like him. He’s handsome AND talented." — Witch, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ 2.1 2.2 "Oh, c'mon, Mapes. You know how I can't stand compliments... Unless you say them right. I'm the MOST handsome and talented. Why, I'm the foremost fortune-teller in this world or any other!" — Fortune-Teller, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Of course you are, darling, and I'm the MOST fortunate witch around!" — Witch, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Don't you dare nitpick my darling's fortunes. He's always right." — Witch, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "What now? Who's Irene? Does this have something to do with my darling? If not, I don't give a wicked fig!" — Witch, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "What is it? I've got a lot on my mind. My darling read my fortune... It said that I'll have good luck if I make some purple potion. I'd do anything for him, but do you KNOW what that potion is made of? Ack...monster guts!" — Witch, A Link Between Worlds