|Française||Lunettes occultes (Occults Glasses)|
|Español||Lentes de las pistas (Clues' Glasses)|
|Deutsch||Hinweisbrille (Hint Glasses)|
|Italiana||Occhiali mistici (Mystics Glasses)|
"Mysterious spectacles that let you see the unseen."
Hint Glasses are one of the earliest items acquired in A Link Between Worlds. When Link first visits the Fortune-Teller while on his way to delivery the sword to the Captain, he is told the fortune-teller has a gift for him, but he is too early to receive it and has to return after bumping into the "bunny". After Link meets Ravio and lets him stay at his house, he can go to the fortune-teller and receive his gift, turning out to be the Hint Glasses.
While having a slightly silly appearance, the Hint Glasses allows the wearer to see the unseen such as Hint Ghosts. Similarly to the Lamp, Link can wear the glasses while merged onto a wall. When worn, the area around Link gets darker with a purple aura on the outskirts of the screen while the music becomes quieter and more ambient. When Link is stuck and in trouble, he can use the Hint Glasses and may see a Hint Ghost who can help him by giving him tips. In order for Link to get a hint from these ghosts, he must exchange one Play Coin to a Hint Ghost for the hint.
- ↑ "I see…! I see…! Ah, yes! I see that you’re here too early, Link… I’ve got something to give you. But as a fortune-teller, you’ve got to trust me when I say this. Come back when you’ve…bumped into the bunny. Hmm. I hope that makes sense? If not, I’m sure it soon will!" — Fortune-Teller, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Did you get those eerie glasses from the fortune-teller? They let you see ghosts! Neat. And creepy. But mostly neat." — Irene, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "However, the Fortune-Teller will give you a handy item called the Hint Glasses." — Prima Games A Link Between Worlds Strategy Guide, pg. 67
- ↑ "Those are the Hint Glasses. Don’t be fooled by the slightly silly appearance, Link." — Fortune-Teller, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Mysterious spectacles that let you see the unseen." — Item Screen Description, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "For if you’re in a place where you feel hopeless and stuck, look at the world through those glasses. You may just catch a glimpse of a Hint Ghost. Such ghosts give you tips and tricks from the great beyond. They can put you back on the right path." — Fortune-Teller, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "When worn, these special spectacles reveal Hint Ghosts that appear near puzzling obstacles in the land." — Prima Games A Link Between Worlds Strategy Guide, pg. 67
- ↑ "If you find yourself stuck on a puzzle, a Hint Ghost will give you a hint in exchange for a Play Coin." — Hint Ghost, A Link Between Worlds