|Español|| Fonógrafo (Phonograph)|
|Italiana|| Fonografo (Phonograph)|
Oracle of Seasons
"You traded your for a Phonograph! What a tune!"
The Phonograph can be acquired from Guru-Guru, a strange man who can be found near the Windmill in the Eastern Suburbs of Holodrum. He enjoys watching the Windmill go around and around, so he wants some oil to make it go faster. If Link shows him the Engine Grease he got from Tick Tock, Guru-Guru asks if the grease will make the Windmill go faster. If Link says yes, Guru-Guru takes the Engine Grease and gives Link the Phonograph in return.
The Phonograph can be used to find the directions to the location of the Noble Sword. With the Phonograph in hand, Link must enter a cave in the southeastern corner of the Lost Woods, where he finds a Deku Scrub singing a tune. The Deku Scrub notices Link's Phonograph, and Link has the option to play for the scrub or not to. If he does, the Deku Scrub loves the tune, and tells Link the directions to his "Secret Spot": "If temperatures rise as you go far to the west, you'll find it!" Following these directions leads Link right to the location of the Noble Sword, completing the trading sequence. However, if Link is playing a Linked Game, it is possible to have already obtained the Noble Sword via the King Zora Secret. If so, the Master Sword will be found in the Lost Woods instead of the Noble Sword.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap, the Phonograph can be found in Baris' house in Hyrule Town, along with the last Piece of Heart found in the game. It can be used after completing the Figurines collection and obtaining the Carlov Medal. It can play 51 songs found in the game, plus one bonus song.
- ↑ "You traded your for a Phonograph! What a tune!" — In-Game Description, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Phonograph What a tune!" — Quest Status Screen Description, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Go around, go around! If I could just oil it, it would go around more quickly..." — Guru-Guru, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Engine Grease ? Will that make it go quickly? Sure ›Maybe not" — Guru-Guru, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Really? Take my Phonograph!" — Guru-Guru, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Doo, dee, dee
Hrm!You won't play for me? Fine!" — Deku Scrub, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Doo, dee, dee Dee?" — Deku Scrub, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "It's staring at your Phonograph . Play it Don't" — In-Game Description, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Dee! What a tune! I love it! I'll teach you the way to my Secret Spot! If temperatures rise as you go far to the west, you'll find it!" — Deku Scrub, Oracle of Seasons.