Presenting: The Travel Medallion!
Complete Hateno Village Research Lab
With Robbie returns to the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab, he has several upgrades he wants to make to the Purah Pad even after installing the sensor. Installing Travel Medallions requires the Travel Medallion Prototype from the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab, however, which has been taken over by the Yiga Clan.
When Link drives out the Yiga, he can collect the prototype and return to the Hateno Village lab, where Robbie upgrades and installs it. He can also install a second medallion with map data for ten Skyview Tower regions, and a third with data for all fifteen regions. Once all three medallions have been installed, the quest is complete.
- After completing the Hateno Village Research Lab quest, speak with Robbie and ask about the Travel Medallion to begin the quest. Robbie will task Link with traveling to the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab to grab the Prototype needed to upgrade the Purah Pad.
- When Link approaches the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab, he'll be confronted by a Yiga Blademaster and a Yiga Footsoldier. After defeating them, inside he'll find Konba, a Hylian who had been kidnapped by the Yiga and force to make Yiga clothing. He will give Link the Yiga Armor for the Infiltrating the Yiga Clan quest.
- Link can open the treasure chest here to get the Travel Medallion Prototype.
- Take the prototype to Robbie, who upgrades it to a functional Travel Medallion.
- After obtaining map data for ten regions using their Skyview Towers, Robbie will give Link a second travel medallion.
- After completing the surface map (fifteen regions in total), Link is given a third and final travel medallion by Robbie.
|The Purah Pad has a feature called the travel medallion, which allows you to set a location that you can instantly return to. But the prototype you need to activate this feature was left at the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab.|
It's rumored that the lab has been taken over by intruders...
|The Purah Pad has a feature called the travel medallion, which allows you to set a location that you can instantly return to. You picked up the prototype needed to activate this feature from the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab.|
Give it to Robbie at the Purah Pad Research Lab near Hateno Village.
|You can now use the travel medallion to instantly return to any location you have set. The pad can hold two more travel medallions.|
Once 10 regions have been mapped, a second travel medallion can be activated. The travel medallion is accessible from your Key Items.
|You can now use two travel medallions to instantly return to any location you have set. The pad can hold one more travel medallion.|
Once 15 regions have been mapped, a third travel medallion can be activated. The travel medallions are accessible from your Key Items.
|You gave Robbie all the data he needed to upgrade the Purah Pad once again. You can now use three travel medallions to instantly return to any location you have set. The travel medallions are accessible from your Key Items.|