Lost in the Dunes
Robsten and Benja can be found in the Kara Kara Bazaar in Gerudo Desert, peering into the distance towards the west entrance of the bazaar. Upon speaking to them, they tell Link that their friend, Ponthos, was last seen exiting the western gate but hasn't returned. Link may ask what they mean by sinkholes. They explain that their caravan has a rule that if ever separated or lost, to stay by an easy-to-see tall structure. Robsten and Benja are worried for their friend due to the sinkholes that are in the area.
After speaking with Robsten and Benja, Link can exit through the bazaar's west gate, and directly southwest is a tall pillar of sky island rock with a campfire next to it. Upon getting closer, a sinkhole can be seen directly next to the tall rock, with a Traveler's Shield and a Traveler's Spear along its edge. Link can jump into the sinkhole, taking him into the Oasis Source cave. Link can find Ponthos nearby where the cave's entrance is. 
After speaking with Ponthos, continue travelling along the cave, destroying the breakable rock walls along the way. Eventually, Link will enter a flooded room with a ladder heading up, and Ponthos will show up again. He thanks you for finding a way out and requests that you meet him again in Kara Kara Bazaar so that he may reward you.
Climbing up the ladder will have Link emerge from the Kara Kara Bazaar Well on the south side of Kara Kara Bazaar. Speaking with Ponthos, Benja, and Robsten ends with Link being given the orb next to where the three are standing. They explain that there is someone in Gerudo Town that may know more about the orb.
|Ponthos, a bushy-beared caravan traveler, went out through the west entrance and hasn't returned yet. Standard caravan practice is to wait in a conspicuous location-near a tall structure, for example- when lost in the desert.|
But since a sinkhole is also in this area, finding Ponthos isn't going to be easy.
|You found the caravan traveler, Ponthos, stuck below the sinkhole.|
There doesn't seem to be an exit, and Ponthose is just about ready to give up.
|You smashed through some rocks and made a passageway to a ladder leading to the surface. Ponthos climbed the ladder and headed back to this worried friends.|
He said something about a reward waiting for you at Kara Kara Bazaar.
|You rescued Ponthos, a missing caravan traveler, from the sinkhole. As a reward, he gave you his prized orb. He said there is someone in Gerudo Town who knows more about the orb.|
- ↑ Still no sign of Ponthos. I could have sworn I saw him run west into the desert too. But with that big sinkhole out there, I can't help but worry. - Robsten, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ You must have seen one by now! The places in the desert where the flow of sand gets all swirly, like a whirlpool? One false step into one of those and it'll suck you right in. They're a constant worry to travelers around here. Rumor has it that there are actually caves hidden under those sinkholes... I'm not about to investigate though. those things are scary. - Robsten, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ If we're lost in the desert, our squad's rule is to wait for rescue in a place that stands out- like near a tall building. But with all these sinkholes in this desert, it's easy to get tripped up. And I'd rather not find out what would happen if I fell in one... - Benja, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ Kinda makes me wonder though... Could there really be a cave under that sinkhole? - Robsten, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ Wha- A person?! Whew, sorry, I never thought I'd run into another person down here. Fell down a sinkhole, did you? So did I, my guy! My name's Ponthos. I'm a member of a caravan squad. Or I was before monsters attacked the oasis, and I ditched my friends and ran. That's how I wound up down here. I've looked all over the place, but I still can't find an exit. You and me might be down here for a long, long time. - Ponthos, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ I thought I heard some kinda commotion. Look at that, we've got a path out of here! Did you do all this, my guy! You gotta tell me, how'd you pull this off? Oh! I bet we can climb that ladder up to the surface! Thank you so much! I better hurry back- I'm sure my friends are worried sick. Oh, but I still want to give you a proper reward. Drop by Kara Kara Bazaar when you get a chance! - Ponthos, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ This young man saved your life!We all owe him for that. Though no matter how many times I hear it, I still can't believe anyone survived falling into a sinkhole. As the leader of the caravan squad, allow me to thank you for bringing Ponthos back to us. And as a reward... - Benja, Tears of the Kingdom
- ↑ How about this orb, my guy! It has a weird pattern on it, and it's probably rare, right? Whatever it is, you know it's cool! Trust me, I'm a merchant- I've got an eye for things like this. I know someone in Gerudo Town is on the lookout for stuff like this, so I was going to see if they could appraise it. But I'll let you have it, my guy! It's the rarest thing I've got, and it's all yours. Take good care of it for me! - Ponthos, Tears of the Kingdom