Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Poe Collector operates the Ghost Shop, which was formerly the Guard House, located just next to the broken moat of the ruins of what was once Hyrule Castle Town. He takes delight in the maliciousness of the Big Poes in Hyrule Field, and will give Link 50 Rupees and 100 Points for each Big Poe he gives the Poe Collector. If all 10 Big Poes are retrieved and Link reaches 1,000 points, the Poe Collector will give Link an Empty Bottle.
In Majora's Mask, Link encounters the Poe Collector occasionally throughout the game. He also runs a mini-game inside the Spirit House in Ikana Canyon. The objective is to defeat all Poe Sisters to be awarded with a Piece of Heart. Unlike his Ocarina of Time counterpart, he appears more often in the game, giving Link information about certain things. The first time Link encounters the Poe Collector is on the Road to Ikana sitting atop the hill that leads to Ikana Canyon, and telling Link about the ghosts of Ikana. However, he does not allow Link to enter Ikana Canyon yet, but if Link wears the Garo's Mask while speaking to him, he summons a withered tree near the ledge of the hill, which allows Link to enter Ikana Canyon by latching on to it with the Hookshot. He also explains that Ikana Canyon is where regretful spirits without serenity reside. Link can then enter Ikana Canyon and participate in his mini-game. Link encounters him again in the Secret Shrine, which is found behind the waterfall in Ikana Canyon. He informs Link that he succeeded to dispatch the spirits in Ikana into serenity and that the creatures in the Secret Shrine have been awaiting Link for a long time. After Link defeats all four mini-bosses in the Secret Shrine, he once again encounters the Poe Collector. After speaking to him, he disappears, leaving behind a Treasure Chest containing a Piece of Heart.
- If Link talks to the Guard House Soldier at nighttime in the same location as the Poe Collector is in, he says that he is interested in ghosts and that studying them is a hobby of his. It is possible that the Soldier and the Poe Collector are the same individual.
- ↑ "Yee-hee-hee. What are you doing in a place like this? Ikana Hill beyond here is the place where spirits with troubles and lingering regrets wander. Even now, the spirits wander in search of one who can save them. It is unfortunate, but it is no place for one such as you..." — Poe Collector, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "And if you are not wearing the mask containing wandering spirits which the black-hearted one near the ranch has... I will not let you pass. Yee-hee-hee!" — Poe Collector, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "That is the mask of the leader of the ninjas who once spied on the hilltop castle with the blood-stained history. With that, you may be able to call out their spirits that even now are still wandering. Perhaps you may be able to save the souls that wander beyond here... Yee-hee-hee." — Poe Collector, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "It seems, somehow, you have managed to send the Ikana's wandering spirits into peace... But outside of Ikana... There are still swarms of wandering spirits with lingering regrets... The ones in this room want to meet you again and have been waiting here for quite a while. Go see them if you feel like it... I'm sure they'll welcome you. Yee-hee-hee!" — Poe Collector, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Yee-hee-hee. You really are an amazing person, Link. It seems you've somehow managed to heal their souls..." — Poe Collector, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Maybe I shall vanish soon myself. Well, then... Yee-hee-hee-hee!" — Poe Collector, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Man, I am SO tired! The night watch is so boring! I wish some ghosts would come out or something... Hey, I'm really interested in ghosts! Studying them is a hobby of mine, but you never know...the time might come when that kind of knowledge might be useful!" — Guard House Soldier, Ocarina of Time.