When Link is a child, Shiro can be found within Kakariko Village where he prances around, running between the Windmill and the path that leads to the Kakariko Village Graveyard. If you stop to talk to him, he mentions Dampé and will give Link the time. It is always daytime when you talk to Shiro outside, so Dampé will be asleep in his hut. He suggests that Link head out to Hyrule Field, so time can pass by. At nighttime, Shiro can be found inside one of the homes, where he once again gives you the time and then complains that dinner isn't ready yet.
When Link is an Adult, the Carpenters venture off to Gerudo Valley, where they are captured and held captive in the Gerudo's Fortress. Link finds Shiro locked in a jail cell and after defeating the Gerudo Thief to free him, he will tell Link that you will need the eye of truth in order to cross the Haunted Wasteland and reach the Desert Colossus.
The name Shiro is a Japanese name that means fourth son.
- ↑ "Have you seen Mr. Dampé, who lives in the graveyard up ahead? It's (t) right now, so he's probably asleep in his hut. Why don't you go out onto the field and kill some time?" — Shiro, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "I'm starving! Isn't dinner ready yet? It's (t) already!" — Shiro, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "I was afraid you were going to forget about me! Now I'm free! Thanks! I'm Shiro the carpenter. For rescuing me, I'll tell you something interesting about the desert that I overheard the Gerudos talking about. They said, "In order to cross the Haunted Wasteland, you'll need the 'eye of truth.' The Colossus is on the far side of the wasteland..." OK, now I'm going back to my tent near Gerudo Valley, so, drop by sometime. You may find something helpful there! Byeee!" — Shiro, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "I am the boss of the carpenters that Impa hired to improve this village and make it into a true city! But young men these days don't have any ambition... Do you know what I mean, kid? My workers are just running aimlessly around the village, and they're not making any progress at all... Even my own son doesn't have a job, and he just wanders around all day!" — Master Craftsman, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Without the old witches, the gang of thieves isn't all that scary!" — Shiro, Ocarina of Time.