Fishing Hole Man
The Fishing Hole Man is a character seen in Ocarina of Time.
Ocarina of Time
He runs the Fishing Pond in the northeast of Lake Hylia. He claims to be a pro fisherman. For 20 Rupees, he allows Link to fish at the pond for as long as he wants, as long as he returns the Fishing Rod afterward. Depending on the size of the fish, he gives Link different prizes. Link is his only customer, and without him, he admits that he might go out of business.
When Link is a child, the Fishing Hole Man has a full head of hair. However, upon returning seven years later as an adult, the Fishing Hole Man is wearing a hat to cover up his newfound baldness. Link can use the Fishing Rod to snag his hat and take it away.
The Fishing Hole Man does not approve of using other lures, but he is amazed by the Hylian Loach, which can only be caught using the Sinking Lure. He also scratches himself often, and he typically ends a sentence with "I'm serious!"
A photo of the Fishing Hole Man from Ocarina of Time can be seen on the wall of Hena's house at Hena's Fishing Hole, holding a Hylian Loach. If examined, Hena wishes he could be one of her ancestors.
Photo from Twilight Princess HD
- ↑ "What? You want to know if I'm a good fisherman? Of course I am! I'm an old pro! Do you know what a pro is? I'm telling you the truth!" — Fishing Hole Man, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Well, do you want to go fishing for 20 Rupees? Yes No" — Fishing Hole Man, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "I'm so generous, I'll let you fish for as long as you want. However, you can keep only one fish. The biggest fish ever caught here weighed pounds. After you cast, you can change your view with (Z). Let's fish!" — Fishing Hole Man, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Hey, mister! I remember you! It's been a long time! How many years has it been? Seven years?! What have you been doing all this time?! You're my only customer. I'm almost out of business! Seriously! On top of that, my hair... Uh, I mean, never mind... Well, do you want to go fishing? It costs only 20 Rupees! Yes No" — Fishing Hole Man, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "What? You want to go fishing in a different fishing pond?! What are you talking about? I'll go out of business if you go somewhere else! I'm serious!" — Fishing Hole Man, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Hey, what are you doing? I told you not to do that! You're terrible! Seriously! Give me back my hat!" — Fishing Hole Man, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "You want to try another lure? What are you talking about? Are you so selfish? Don't you know the old saying, "A great fisherman never chooses his own lure?"" — Fishing Hole Man, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Well, well... WOW! What a rare fish! This is a Hyrule Loach! For this fish, size doesn't matter. I'll give you this prize!" — Fishing Hole Man, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "What? You want to know why I'm scratching all the time? What are you talking about? Actually, I have no idea. I'm serious!" — Fishing Hole Man, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "That's one of Hyrule's legendary master fisherman! Look, he's got a Hylian loach, doesn't he?" — Hena, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "He just may be one of my ancestors! Of course, I can't exactly PROVE that... It's kinda just wishful thinking on my part." — Hena, Twilight Princess.