Forest of Spirits
The Forest of Spirits is a location on the Great Plateau in Breath of the Wild. It is a dense woods with many Apple trees and various plants. There is a variety of wildlife found throughout the forest, including the Woodland Boar, which can be a great source of food early in the game. Towards the center of the forest, a clearing can be found where Link will encounter a Stone Talus. The forest encompasses the Hopper Pond, located at the west.
Points of Interest
- Oman Au Shrine - Northeast of the Forest, Link will find the Oman Au Shrine, where Link will acquire the Magnesis Rune.
- Yowaka Ita Shrine - As part of The Champions' Ballad, the shrine can be found right in the center of the forest. The Shrine will appear after using the One-Hit Obliterator to clear all the enemies in the region.
- During the early portion of the game, the Old Man can be found hunting within the forest during the daytime. He will teach Link how to crouch down, so that he is not easily spotted. At nighttime the Old Man makes his way over to a nearby Cooking Pot and will teach Link how to Cook.
- There is a Bokoblin Camp at the north end of the Forest. If Link clears all of the Red Bokoblin, a treasure chest will appear containing an Opal Gem.
- At the west end of the forest, there is a clearing where Link will encounter a Stone Talus. Defeating him will result in Link acquiring some Amber, Opal, and perhaps some Flint. At the west end of the clearing, Link will find a Rusty Broadsword on the floor.
- Southwest of the Forest, there is a set of boulders against a wall that conceal a treasure chest. Inside, Link will find an Amber Gem.
- Southwest of the Forest is the Shrine of Resurrection, where Link begins his quest, located in a cave much higher up on the higher ledge. After completing the four Divine Beasts, Link can return here to begin The Champions' Ballad downloadable content.
- Just outside of the Shrine of Resurrection, as Link heads down that path that leads to the Temple of Time, there are four trees that have rare Bladed Rhino Beetles.
Nearby Korok Seeds
Climb to the top of this land structure and pick up the solitary rock.
Go to the giant decayed tree trunk that is laying on its side and follow the flowers.
Just north of the forest is a tree trunk that has a chain going into the water and a hole in it. Lift the ball out of the water and place it in the hole.
Just north of the forest are two big rocks leaning against each other. Right under them is a smaller rock that you must pick up.