Mount Hylia is a location in Breath of the Wild. It is a cold and snowy region in the southwest portion of the Great Plateau, located just southwest of the River of the Dead. It is inhabited with ice enemies, namely Ice Keese and Ice Chuchu. The Owa Daim Shrine is located on the far eastern side of the mountain, and the Keh Namut Shrine is located northwest of the peak of Mount Hylia.
Points of Interest
- The peak of Mount Hylia has a large rock on it. If Link examines it, he will find an Amber gem.
- If Link visits the peak of Mountain Hylia before complete the first four shrines on the Great Plateau, Link will be greeted by the Old Man, who teaches him about the Scope ability on Link's Sheikah Slate. If Link did not get the Warm Doublet from the Woodcutter's House, the Old Man here will be impressed by Link's ability to travel so far in the cold without proper attire, and will give him the Warm Doublet to help fight off the elements.
- Keh Namut Shrine - Located northwest of the peak of Mount Hylia, Link will acquire the Cryonis Rune. Just north of the shrine, there is a treasure in the frozen Lake that contains an Opal gem.
- Owa Daim Shrine - Located well southeast of the peak of Mount Hylia, the shrine is found at the top of a ledge, just outside the range of the mountains bitter cold. Right next to the shrine, Link can find a treasure chest that contains a Traveler's Bow.
- Etsu Korima Shrine - As part of The Champions' Ballad, the shrine is located just northeast of the peak of Mount Hylia. The Shrine will appear after using the One-Hit Obliterator to clear all the enemies in the region.
Nearby Korok Seeds
Use the rock nearby to complete the circle.
This location is a little bit down the cliff from the snow-covered terrace above. The metal block you need is just around the wall. Match it up with the nearby set of blocks to reveal the Korok.
Pick up this rock to reveal a Korok.
Lift the large slab, and then the smaller rock under it. You can knock the slab away using Stasis. Another method of lifting the larger slab is to drop an Octo Balloon on it (found from killing Octoroks).
Stand near the pinwheel, shoot the balloons.