The Eastern Abbey is a ruin that surrounds the Ja Baij Shrine on the Great Plateau. The Abbey contains many destroyed guardians as well as some broken, but active Decayed Guardians. These turret like enemies guard the three accessible paths to the shrine and are deadly if not evaded properly.
Points of Interest
- Ja Baij Shrine - Located within the ruins, the shrine is well guarded by several Guardians. The entrance is blocked off by boulders, so Link will need to have those blocks destroyed by a Guardian, or he'll need to climb over the wall to access the Shrine.
- Rohta Chigah Shrine - As part of The Champions' Ballad, the shrine can be found just north of the ruins. The Shrine will appear after using the One-Hit Obliterator to clear all the enemies in the region.
- Just outside of the Ja Baij Shrine, there is a DLC treasure chest, that was part of the Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass. This treasure chest contains the Nintendo Switch Shirt. This shirt is for cosmetic purposes only, as with a base defense of 1, the shirt is identical to the Old Shirt that Link likely already has.
- At the northwest part of the ruins, there is a small pond with a treasure chest. Using Magnesis, Link can pull up the treasure chest to find an Amber gem.
- A Soldier's Broadsword can be found at the top of the ruins, just east of the Ja Baij Shrine, right at the edge of the Great Plateau.
Nearby Korok Seeds
This door is at the base of the cliff, and far lower in elevation than the nearby seed with the same puzzle. Lift it with Magnesis, and then lift the rock under it.
This door is just on the other side of the wall behind the nearby shrine, and far higher in elevation than the nearby seed with the same puzzle. Lift it with Magnesis, and then lift the rock under it.