Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass
The Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass is the purchasable DLC for Breath of the Wild. It was first available for purchase on March 3rd, 2017, alongside the game's initial release.
Once the player has purchased the DLC, they will immediately gain access to three bonus chests on the Great Plateau. These chests can be found close to some of the Shrines on the plateau, containing different items, namely the Nintendo Switch Shirt, 5 Bomb Arrows, and a singular Ruby. These chests are colored purple with the letters EX marked on the top. Once opened, they will no longer be in their positions if Link returns to their location.
The chests can be found in the following locations:
- Outside the Oman Au Shrine (Ruby)
- On the wall by the Ja Baij Shrine (Nintendo Switch Shirt)
- On the collapsed wall behind the Keh Namut Shrine (Bomb Arrows)
The Master Trials
- Trial of the Sword - Similar to previous enemy gauntlets in the Zelda series, Link faces many ambitious challenges against various enemies in the game. Upon completion, the Master Sword will be in its powered-up state, with a power of 60, at all times.
- Master Mode - Reminiscent of Hero Mode from other Zelda games, Hyrule is riddled with more enemies than ever. Link will face stronger enemies earlier on in the game, such as the vicious Black Bokoblins on the Great Plateau. Enemies also can be found airborne atop of rafts, giving them an aerial advantage to lay waste to Link. Furthermore, new Gold variations of existing enemies can be found across Hyrule. They have a lot more health than the silver variants.
- Hero's Path Mode - This feature allows the player to track their previous movements around the map for their past 200 hours of gameplay with a green line.
- Masks and Armor - New pieces of armor and masks are present in this DLC pack, including the Tingle's Outfit and Majora's Mask. A Korok Mask is present also, which shakes when Link is close to a hidden Korok, helping him collect the 900 Korok Seeds.
- Travel Medallion - A helpful tool which allows Link to register his current location as a fast travel point on the map. Only one location can be registered with this item.
The Champions' Ballad
- Divine Beast Tamer's Trial - Starting with a trial on the Great Plateau focusing on the One-Hit Obliterator, Link has to take out groups of enemies with this weapon, which reveals four new Shrines, each with unique puzzles. After this is completed, the One-Hit Obliterator will return to its resting place in the Shrine of Resurrection, and four Stone Monuments will rise in various provinces. Travelling to each will reveal new locations to visit, each hiding another three Shrines, meaning there are 16 new Shrines, but only 4 additional Spirit Orbs. After each set of Shrines is completed, Link can travel inside the Divine Beasts once more and take on the form of Calamity Ganon in an Illusory Realm, with a restricted set ofitems. After completion, a new Memory is unlocked, focusing on a specific Champion. Once all four Memories are obtained, Link can return to the Shrine of Resurrection once again, and can take on the Final Trial Divine Beast, which has four unique puzzles. After the dungeon is complete, Link can challenge Monk Maz Koshia in one final boss fight. The reward for completing this Trial is the Master Cycle Zero, a Sheikah-designed motorcycle which travels at a similar speed to a horse.
- Masks and Armor - New pieces of armor and masks are present in this DLC pack, including Ravio's Hood and the Phantom Ganon Outfit. These items are hidden in chests across Hyrule.
- Horse Armor - There is a new Ancient Saddle and Ancient Bridle in this pack too, each having their own benefits to the horse wearing them.