"This illusory realm was created from the depths of your memories... The enemy you shall face is a product of the fear that dwells within. You must overcome this fear to proceed. This battle is a trial of the soul. You must emerge victorious using only the tools provided."
The Illusory Realm is an area featured in Breath of the Wild.
Breath of the Wild
The Illusory Realm is accessible during the EX The Champions' Ballad DLC quest. Link can enter the Illusory Realm after exchanging three of Champion's Emblems of the specific area. Upon entering, Link will be faced with one of the blights, depending on the area. Link will have a predetermined set of items to fight the boss, but will have access to all of his Key Items, such as Champion Abilities.
Effects from meals or elixirs consumed before entering the Illusory Realm will carry over during the battle for their duration; depending on the ingredients used, the effects can last to up to 30 minutes by using Dragon Horn Shards to cook.
- Clearance of all the Divine Beasts with their associated quests;
- Having purchased and installed the Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass;
- Having initiated and successfully completed the One-Hit Obliterator Trial section of The Champions' Ballad;
- Having located the four 3-pillar pedestals and subsequently cleared each of the three shrines associated with the particular Divine Beast, totaling 12 for all the Divine Beasts.
All the Blight Ganons have a total HP of 1500 in the Illusory Realm, as the function depends on the formula HP + 4 x (HP/2), where HP=500, which is specific to this location:
- HP + 4 x (HP / 2); base HP for Blights at location = 500
- Not dependent of previous encounters except for access to Illusory Realm, so:
- 500 + 4(500/2) = 1500 HP for every Blight
Other locations of the fights have different HP and multipliers. See any of the Blights' pages for more information on the locations. In Master Mode, the Blights will recover health in all their phases, though the phases will only occur once, even when the Blight's HP regenerates past the phase's threshold. For example, even if the first phase of the given Blight is cleared by bringing its HP down to 50%, it will remain in its second phase even if its health surpasses 50%.
For each Divine Beast, Link will be given armor specific to the location. These armors are given regardless of whether Link has obtained them in the regular game, however Link does not get to keep them once the Blights are defeated. This also applies to the weapons and meals given. None of the weapons given in the fights have attack or durability bonuses and none of the armors available have attack or weapon bonuses.
- 1 × Feathered Edge
- 1 × Falcon Bow
- 1 × Duplex Bow
- 1 × Phrenic Bow
- 100 × Arrow
- 5 × Bomb Arrow
- 1 × Wildberry
- 1 × Endura Shroom
- 1 × Raw Bird Drumstick
- Snowquill Set - ★★ tier
- 1 × Lightscale Trident
- 2 × Ceremonial Trident
- 1 × Silver Bow
- 10 × Arrow
- 1 × Hyrule Bass
- 1 × Hylian Shroom
- 1 × Fleet-Lotus Seeds
- Zora Set - ★★ tier
- No shields or meals.
- Clearance Reward: Mipha's Grace +
- 1 × Boulder Breaker
- 1 × Knight's Bow
- 5 × Ice Arrow
- 1 × Seared Steak
- 1 × Toasty Ironshroom
- 1 × Baked Apple
- Flamebreaker Set - pieces are not enhanced
- No shields.
- Clearance Reward: Daruk's Protection +
- 1 × Scimitar of the Seven
- 1 × Edge of Duality
- 1 × Daybreaker
- 1 × Shield of the Mind's Eye
- 1 × Voltfruit
- 1 × Zapshroom
- 1 × Raw Meat
- Desert Voe Set - ★★ tier
- No bows or meals.
- Clearance Reward: Urbosa's Fury +
- As previously stated in the Windblight Ganon section, the Great Eagle Bow is not given to Link in the Illusory Realm. Various alternative bows are given for the fight instead. It's not known why this is the case, however it is likely because it would make the rematch with Windblight Ganon too easy.
- If attacks are not performed regularly to counter Master Mode's HP recovery for enemies, it is possible to run out of weapons during the fights against the Blight Ganons.
- As access to the Illusory Realm entirely depends on the clearance of all the Divine Beasts in the base game, this means that Link will not face the Blights at the Hyrule Castle's Sanctum.