Ta'loh Naeg Shrine
Ta'loh Naeg's Teaching
Two chests are near the entrance containing a Shield of the Mind's Eye and an Eightfold Blade. After defeating the Guardian Scout II, Link will find an Opal gem in the final treasure chest before examining the altar to get a Spirit Orb.
The shrine cannot be completed without equipping both a weapon and a shield, and Ta'loh Naeg will alert Link to do so.
After completion, returning to this Shrine will not repeat the tutorial and the guardian scout will not regenerate when the Blood Moon occurs. However the information can be accessed again in the Ability Controls section of the pause menu.
- The shrine not only teaches the special moves, but also hints at the fact that all enemies in the game attack with specific tells to perform said special moves, which upon gaining more experience, can be identified and telegraphed depending on the enemy.
- The shrine provides the main Travel Gate to Kakariko Village. Albeit Lakna Rokee Shrine can also be activated, that shrine has several prerequisites to activate, whereas Ta'loh Naeg has none.
- At night, the vantage point of the shrine's Travel Gate gives a clear look at Kilton's Fang and Bone shop, whose hot-air balloon can be spotted at the mountains behind Impa's house (of course, once Kilton has first been contacted at the Skull Lake at Akkala).
- The Shrine features a special Guardian Scout II that does not walk out of its small boundary. This is a Guardian that is unique in design, as it's shown to have a white/light gray color scheme. Once defeated, this Guardian Scout does not respawn with Blood Moons and its HP is not displayed by wearing the Champion's Tunic or the amiibo-exclusive Divine Beast Helms. This is because the Guardian Scout II cannot be destroyed until Link has successfully demonstrated all the techniques, giving it potentially infinite health.
- The Shrine is the only tutorial Shrine located outside of the Great Plateau, and the only tutorial Shrine that doesn't award a Rune. As it's located outside the Plateau, just like all other outer Shrines, its clearance is not necessary for the game's progression.
- The only other Guardian with a similar light color scheme is Terrako in Age of Calamity.