Mah Eliya Shrine
- DLC pack 2: The Champions' Ballad downloaded.
- All four Divine Beasts completed.
- Complete the four additional Shrines on the Great Plateau
Discovering the Shrine
Just east of Zora's Domain, make your way towards Mikau Lake. Here you will find a glowing blue circle. Walk through it and another circle will appear towards the waterfall. Equip your Zora Armor and use the ability to swim up the waterfall to go through a series of blue circles. You'll have to make your way up three waterfalls, ending at the top of Lulu Lake. Successfully doing it in time will cause the Mah Eliya Shrine to appear.
You will find two large metal crates that are attached to the wall on rails. Note that there is a waterfall behind them as well as water beneath them. First we need to raise the one on the left, so use Cryonis to create and ice block and then climb up. On the higher ledge to the left, you will find another block, so grab with Magnesis and toss it down below. Now using Cryonis and the three blocks, you need to create a staircase that is four levels high to reach the highest platform. Just follow these simple steps.
1. Create an ice block on the ground, right in the middle, raising both of the large platforms at the same time.
2. Grab the small block and place it underneath the large block that is on the right.
3. Use Cryonis to create an ice block underneath the small block, raising up the large block to the third level.
4. Use Cryonis to break the ice block that is in the middle, causing the large block on the left to drop.
5. Now use Magnesis to grab the small block and carefully move it to the left, so that the majority of the block is on top of the large block on the left, but it is still holding up the large block on the right.
6. Now use Cryonis to create an ice block, raising the large block on the left.
This will raise the blocks four levels high and you should be able to climb up to the top to complete the shrine.
Once at the top, turn around and look high at the wall across from you to find the chest (Royal Shield). The easiest way to get this chest down is by shooting near it with a bomb arrow.
Alternatively, this puzzle can be solved relatively easily using Stasis. This requires a quick hand and a two-handed weapon.
- Use Stasis on the left block and perform a spin attack to build up momentum.
- After roughly five hits, press B to cancel the spin attack. Now shoot the block as high as possible, essentially directing the momentum upwards.
- Quickly climb up the block before it launches.
Essentially, you are performing a vertical Stasis launch on the block to gain air. If done successfully, the block will launch upwards, throwing you high up in the air. As you paraglide down, look to the left. You will see a small ledge with a treasure chest with Royal Shield. Pick it up, and glide off to collect Ruta's Emblem.