Star Fragments as they appear in Breath of the Wild
Fallen from the sky at night
50 Rupees (Spirit Tracks)
"A sparkly stone that fell from the sky. It's said to be a piece of a star."
|Française||Fragment d'étoile||Cette pierre scintillante serait un morceau d'étoile tombé du ciel.|
They can be sold for 50 Rupees, but are also required to purchase the following train parts:
Tri Force Heroes
|This section is a stub. You can help the Zelda Dungeon Wiki by.|
Star Fragments are a material in Tri Force Heroes.
Breath of the Wild
"A mysterious stone fragment that fell from the sky. It looks like it would fetch a good price, but you may able to use it in certain recipes as well."
Star Fragments are one of the rarest materials found in Breath of the Wild, and may fall from the sky at night. The impact site — and therefore the location of the fragment — is indicated by a glowing beacon that will disappear at 5 AM. Additionally, a special sound can be heard near the impact site of the shooting star. The fragments freeze on place when they touch the ground, which can happen on a slope, and materialize once the player approaches them, causing the fragments to fall down the slope. Approaching the fragment also causes the beacon light to disappear.
Star Fragments can be sold at a price of 300 Rupees, and can be used as ingredients for recipes to yield to guarantee bonus effects on recipes.
You are most likely to spot shooting stars during a Blood Moon, and doubly so from the tops of the Great Plateau and Lake Towers, along with the Southern Dueling Peak, which are basically vantage points where landing sites can be easily located when they happen. This item can additionally be acquired as: loot from Silver Lynels and Gold enemies (Master Mode only); rewards for a few side quests, such as My Hero and Balloon Flight; or in hidden Treasure Chests throughout Hyrule.
Obtaining Star Fragments
A somewhat reliable method to obtain Star Fragments is through the aforementioned Dueling Peaks. This method provides easier access to Star Fragments because the fragments do not disappear once fallen even when the player teleports, provides a vantage point through the Hateno Tower, as well as a large area of open space and few mountains. This method allows for the obtainment of a Star Fragment every 5-10 minutes.
These are the requirements for the Dueling Peaks:
- Having cleared any Shrine that's close to a Stable, the Shee Vaneer Shrine AND Hateno Tower.
- Have cold resistance from elixirs, foods or armor.
- Rupees to stay at the Stable in case it's raining.
- Teleport to the Shrine close to a stable and rest at the Stable's Cooking Pot (or inside the Stable, if there's rain) until morning;
- Upon awakening, save the game immediately and exit the game (this will reset the game and the frequency rate of falling Star Fragments);
- Reopen the game and load your save state; head to the pot or the stable and rest until night;
- Once rested, teleport to the Shee Vaneer Shrine atop the southern peak of the Dueling Peaks;
- Atop the mountain, equip cold-resistant clothes or consume elixirs/food for cold; once there, face East, looking towards Hateno Tower and wait;
- A Star Fragment may fall before 2 AM; once it lands, mark it with a Sheikah Slate pin using the scope feature;
- Teleport to Hateno Tower, paraglide towards either the pin, or the Star Fragment's beacon and collect the Star Fragment;
- Repeat from step 1.
- Note: This method works best if one doesn't use the same shrines close to stables consecutively.
- Note 2: As documented in this video by YouTuber Wolf Link, Star Fragments can occasionally glitch out and spawn partially, land incorrectly and altogether disappear.
Base Game Armor Enhancement
A total of 14 star fragments are needed for upgrades in the base game, to upgrade the following base-game items:
One Fragment Each (× 6):
Two Fragments Each (× 8):
Amiibo Armor Enhancement
With all amiibo armor pieces, there are an additional 74 Star Fragments needed for upgrades. These armor pieces are listed below:
One Fragment Each (× 4):
Four Fragments Each (× 60):
Ten Fragments Each (× 10):
Sheik's Mask (10)
Age of Calamity
"A mysterious stone fragment that fell from the sky. It looks like it would fetch a good price, but it could also be used in certain recipes."
Unlike other materials, there are a finite amount of Star Fragments to be found. 20 are obtained as First-Clear Rewards from challenges. A total of 22 are needed to complete quests. They cannot be sold or used as materials for upgrades.
- Fish Out of Water Lv. 22 challenge (×1)
- Trial of the Ancients Lv. 38 challenge (×2)
- Fleeing the Weather Lv. 41 challenge (×1)
- Hair-Width Trial: Expert Lv. 54 challenge (×3)
- Ganon's Training Lv. 57 challenge (×1)
- Taming the Savage Lynel Lv. 57 challenge (×3)
- Remnants of the Calamity Lv. 68 challenge (×1)
- Mysterious Arrivals Lv. 69 challenge (×5)
- Versus Astor Lv. 70 challenge (×3)
- It's Raining Rupees (×1)
- Only the Best (×5)
- The Eye That Sees Far (×1)
- Otherworldly Malice (×5)
- Blessing of the Great Fairies (×5)
- The Lazy Guards (×5)