Breath of the Wild
"This medicinal plant grows in high elevations, such as mountains in the Hebra or Gerudo regions. When cooked into a dish, it will temporarily increase your heat resistance."
Cool Safflina can be found predominantly in colder areas, found all over the Hebra Mountains, Gerudo Highlands, around Mount Lanayru, and around Mount Granajh in the Wasteland Tower region. They can be sold to shop-vendors all over Hyrule for 3 Rupees each. They can also be used for Light Blue Dye at the Kochi Dye Shop in Hateno Village.
If Link cooks a Cold Safflina by itself, it will create Chilly Fried Wild Greens. This dish will not recover any health, but it will give Link Heat Resistance. This is particularly useful around the Gerudo Desert, as the desert becomes very warm during the daytime. When cooked with fruit or meat, Link can create Chilly Steamed Fruit or Chilly Steamed Meat, which can recover Link's health, while also giving Link some Heat Resistance.
Age of Calamity
"This medicinal plant grows in high elevations, such as mountains in the Hebra or Gerudo regions. The leaves are known to help cool the body in hot conditions."
- Anti-Ice Training: I Lv. 10 challenge (x5)
- Anti-Ice Training: II Lv. 25 challenge (x10)
- Hero of the Rito Lv. 52 challenge (x10)
- Revali, the Rito Warrior Chapter 2 scenario
- Cross the Hebra Mountains Lv. 16 challenge
- The So-Called Knight Lv. 45 challenge
- A Princess in Distress (x5)
- To Stand atop the Lava (x10)
- Colorful Kara Kara Bazaar (x5)
- The Summer Breeze Festival (x20)
- Surveying the Desert Ruins (x10)
- Spicy Asceticism (x10)
- Market Apeel (x10)
- Lushify the Spring (x15)
- Wedding Worry (x10)
- A Color Seen in a Dream (x10)
Hyrule Compendium entry of the Cool Safflina.
- During early builds of Breath of the Wild, Cool Safflina was referred to as Cold Safflina.