Breath of the Wild
"Cacti found in the Gerudo Desert bear this sweet fruit. It's naturally insulated, so when cooked into a dish, it provides resistance against electricity."
A Voltfruit can be eaten to recover ½ of a heart, or can be sold to shop-vendors all over Hyrule for 4 Rupees each. They tend to grow inside of the Gerudo Desert, typically growing from cacti, but they are sometimes stored inside of Crates in close proximity to Bokoblin Camps. Voltfruit can be used in many Recipes, and they have a cooking effect of shock resistance.
If cooked on an open flame by itself, Link will receive a Roasted Voltfruit.
Age of Calamity
"Cacti found in the Gerudo Desert bear this sweet fruit. It's naturally insulated and provides resistance against electricity."
- Leave None Behind Lv. 12 challenge (x5)
- Chief-of-the-Dunes Battle Lv. 37 challenge (x10)
- Like Grains of Sand Lv. 44 challenge (x15)
- Wisdom of the Storm Lv. 51 challenge (x15)
- Living Things of Hyrule (x10)
- Conducting an Experiment (x5)
- Finding Courage (x10)
- Lightning-Proof Luncheon (x15)
- The Missing Sand Seals (x20)
- Quality Time with Patricia (x5)
- Treats for Patricia (x10)
- Trial of Noya Neha (x15)
- Fragmented Memories (x15)
- Birthday Waltz (x10)
- Upgrading the Detector (x25)
- Voltfruits are based on dragon fruits, which grow on an entirely different kind of succulent plant than the cacti shown in the game.
- The cactus from which Voltfruits grow are based on saguaro cacti, which are part of popular culture as being erroneously associated with all kinds of desert. However, saguaros only grow in North America, and belong to an entirely different desert environment than the one shown in the game. Their fruit do look like Voltfruits, though those are more based on the aforementioned dragon fruits.