Breath of the Wild
"This blue trout prefers cold bodies of water. Its skin contains enzymes that keep its body cool, and when cooked into a dish, it will temporarily boost your heat resistance."
A Chillfin Trout can be eaten to recover 1 heart, and can be sold to shop-vendors all over Hyrule for 6 Rupees each. They can typically be found in cold bodies of water, such as in Zora's Domain and Tama Pond (Hebra region). There are several easy methods of Fishing to obtain these fish from their natural environment. Sometimes they can be found after killing an Octorok, or stored inside of Crates and Barrels found in colder regions. This material can be purchased from the Coral Reef shop in Zora's Domain for a price of 24 Rupees each.
Chillfin Trout can be used in many Recipes, and they have a cooking effect of heat resistance. If cooked on an open flame by itself, Link will receive a Roasted Trout. If dropped onto the ground in freezing climates between 4:00am to 8:00am, Link will receive a Frozen Trout which has the effect of low level heat resistance for 1:00 minute.
Age of Calamity
"This blue trout prefers cold bodies of water. Its skin contains enzymes that keep its body cool. This also boosts the heat resistance of anyone who eats it."
- Mastering Cryonis Lv. 8 challenge (x10)
- Anti-Ice Training: I Lv. 10 challenge (x5)
- Anti-Ice Training: II Lv. 25 challenge (x10)
- Like the Wind Divine Beast Battle (x20)
- Revali, the Rito Warrior Chapter 2 scenario
- Cross the Hebra Mountains Lv. 16 challenge
- Fish Out of Water Lv. 22 challenge
- Bounding Across the Waves (x10)
- The Summer Breeze Festival (x20)
- Flight-Range Field Trip (x10)
- Keep a Cool Head (x5)
- Superb Fish Dish (x5)
- Chilly Fish Skewer (x4)