Breath of the Wild
"This resilient fruit can flourish even in the heat of the desert. The hydrating liquid inside provides a cooling effect that, when cooked, increases your heat resistance."
A Hydromelon can be eaten to recover ½ of a heart, and can be sold to shop-vendors all over Hyrule for 4 Rupees each. They tend to grow inside of the Gerudo Desert, sprouting from areas of greenery in the desert, but they are sometimes stored inside of Crates in close proximity to Bokoblin Camps. This material can be purchased from Emri at the Kara Kara Bazaar for a price of 16 Rupees each.
Hydromelons can be used in many Recipes, and they have a cooking effect of heat resistance. If cooked on an open flame by itself, Link will receive a Roasted Hydromelon, which has no special effects and recovers ¾ of a heart.
Age of Calamity
"This resilient fruit can flourish even in the harsh heat of the desert. Its juicy core has a cooling effect that, when cooked into a dish, increases one's resistance to the heat."
- Urbosa's Training Lv. 5 challenge (x10)
- Through the Desert Lv. 24 challenge (x10)
- Daily Drills: Gerudo Lv. 27 challenge (x10)
- Like Grains of Sand Lv. 44 challenge (x15)
- Footsteps of the Giant Lv. 56 challenge (x10)
- Shadow of Ganon Lv. 60 challenge (x10)
- Miss Vai Battle Pageant Lv. 65 challenge
- The Hope of Gerudo (x50)
- Central Hyrule Token of Gratitude 3/5 (x40)
- Gerudo Token of Gratitude 1/4 (x20)
- Gerudo Token of Gratitude 3/4 (x40)
- A Buffet of Delicacies (x1)
- To Stand atop the Lava (x10)
- An Offering to the Rito Goddess (x30)
- The Spa's New Service (x20)
- A Thirst for the Desert (x10)
- Goron Rations (x10)
- The Missing Sand Seals (x10)
- Quality Time with Patricia (x5)
- Treats for Patricia (x10)
- Market Apeel (x10)
- Royal Inspection (x10)
- Gathering the Facts (x20)
- The Marita Exchange (x20)
- Road to Rust Research (x10)
- Sweeten the Research (x20)