Breath of the Wild
"Consuming the bioluminescent compound that makes this fish glow in the dark will increase concentration. Dishes cooked with it will suppress noise when consumed."
Stealthfin Trouts can be found only around the water in and around the Great Hyrule Forest. They are located within Lake Saria within the forest, as well as within Lake Mekar that surrounds the forest.
Cooked in a Cooking Pot, they can be used in recipes to provide a temporary Stealth Up stat-boost. They are also used to upgrade the Stealth Mask, Stealth Chest Guard and Stealth Tights at Great Fairy Fountains.
One method of obtaining the large quantity required for the armor upgrade is to catch all the ones around Lake Saria, and then run into the Lost Woods. Upon being dropped outside, teleport back to Lake Saria, and all the spawns will have refreshed. It's worth noting that the game generally spawns fish as a random distribution of types that can spawn in a given body of water or water feature; consequently individual success may vary.
Stealthfin Trouts are particularly difficult to spot in the day, but they are bioluminescent and easy to spot at night.
Age of Calamity
"Consuming the bioluminescent compound that makes this fish glow in the dark will increase concentration, making it easier to move quietly."
- Secro's Supplies (10 in stock, 40 Rupees each, 24 Rupees fully discounted)
- Merchant Rhodo (5-9 in stock, 40 Rupees each)
- Akkala Tower Chapter 4 scenario
- All Hyrule, United Chapter 7 scenario
- Mastering Remote Bombs Lv. 4 challenge
- Defend Akkala Citadel Lv. 53 challenge
- Opening the Mind's Eye (x5)
- The Great Cucco Escape (x10)
- Stealth Mission (x10)
- Scouting the Training Ground (x10)
- A Surprise Reward (x20)
- A Thief in Our Midst (x10)
- Trial of Sasa Kai (x15)
- Master Monster Roasts (x10)
- Feed the Research (x10)
- Seafood Rice Balls (x4)