Smotherwing Butterfly (070 in the standard Breath of the Wild Hyrule Compendium) is a rare butterfly found in Breath of the Wild and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.
Breath of the Wild
"This rare butterfly lives in volcanic regions. Its body contains a heat-resistant liquid, which can be turned into a topical elixir that offers resistance to flames."
Smotherwing Butterflies can typically be found in the volcanic regions of Death Mountain and Eldin Canyon. They can be sold to shop-vendors all over Hyrule for 2 Rupees each. If cooked with monster parts, a Fireproof Elixir can be created.
In addition to collecting them in the wild, you can purchase them from Beedle at the East Akkala and Wetland stables for ten rupees apiece. If you warp to a distant location, such as Link's House, and sleep until morning, Beedle will have replenished his stock.
Age of Calamity
"This rare butterfly lives in volcanic regions. Its body contains a heat-resistant liquid, said to provide resistance to flames."
- Royo-Royo Depot (10 in stock, 10 Rupees each, 6 Rupees fully discounted)
- Daruk, the Goron Hero Chapter 2 scenario
- Daily Drills: Goron Lv. 21 challenge
- Polishing His Technique Lv. 53 challenge
- Rampaging Malice Lv. 58 challenge
- A Battle against the Heat (x5)
- To Stand atop the Lava (x10)
- Finding Courage (x10)
- Roast and Relaxation (x20)
- Surveying the Volcano (x20)
- Road to Rust Research (x10)
- A Most Peculiar Korok (x5)
- 5 Rupees to Monda
- 2 Rupees at any shop or stable