|日本語||ホテル オルデ・イン (Elde-inn Hotel)|
|Française||Hôtel Dort-Dîne (Dort-Deen Hotel)|
|Español||Hotel Veleta del Destino (Weathervane of Destiny Hotel)|
|Deutsch||Hotel Eld Inn (Eld Inn Hotel)|
|Italiana||Locanda Hold In (Hold In Hotel)|
The Elde Inn is a location that appears in Twilight Princess. It is the local hotel of Kakariko Village. It has two floors; the bottom floor consists of a small kitchen to the left of the main entrance and the main lobby, and the top floor consists of one room with a wardrobe and multiple beds spread across the room. According to a sign outside the inn, rooms cost 100 Rupees a night and include a continental breakfast and access to the Kakariko Hot Spring for free.
While the Eldin Province is covered in Twilight, Wolf Link sets out in search of the Tears of Light that were stolen by the Shadow Insects, as directed by the Light Spirit Eldin. While Link is searching through Kakariko Village, he finds a strange sign right in front of a ramp. The sign says, "Dead End Ahead - Elde Inn Management". After running up the ramp, Link finds another sign directly in front of a large drop-off. The sign says, "DANGER! Do not jump across from here! (Hotel accepts no responsibility for accidents.) Elde Inn". If Link jumps to the other side, he can enter the large opening in the wall, which leads into the Elde Inn.
Inside the inn, Link finds two Shadow Insects, which he can defeat to retrieve two Tears of Light. Also, Link finds three Shadow Bulblins. In the main lobby, there is a small chest that contains a Red Rupee, which is worth 20 Rupees.
Once the Eldin Province has been returned to its natural form, the Elde Inn is empty. This is because most of the residents of Kakariko Village fled when the Shadow Beasts attacked. The only remaining inhabitants of the village are Renado, Luda, and Barnes. The owners of the hotel have seemingly vanished, and thus for the rest of the game, the hotel is unmanaged. However, after Link saves Colin from King Bulblin, Colin rests in the hotel on the top floor, where he is pestered by Talo to drink the water he gathered from the spirit's spring and the hot spring. He is also bothered by Beth, who wants him to eat some stew.
Furthermore, once Link brings the injured Prince Ralis to Kakariko from Telma's Bar, he recovers in the inn on the top floor, in the room with the beds. Eventually, Ralis recovers and spends his time in the Graveyard, standing beside his dad's grave. After this, the beds in the hotel are empty, and the only people in the hotel are Colin and Luda, both of whom can be found in the main lobby.
The Postman can also be found in the hotel after the Twilight has been diminished. He can be found in the kitchen crouching beside the fire. He is apparently trying to dry a letter he dropped into the hot spring. This is one of six secret Postman locations.
The Kakariko Hot Spring is located on top of the Elde Inn. After Link has cleared the Goron Mines, a Goron stands right in front of the Elde Inn, who offers Link a lift to the roof of the building, where the hot spring is located.
- The Elde Inn's name is a play off the Light Spirit Eldin's name.
- The Postman can be found in the Elde Inn crouching beside the fire saying, "I dropped a letter into the hot spring and now I can't read it! Gotta blow this thing dry..."
- The song that plays while Link is inside the Elde Inn is a remix of the Ocarina of Time house theme.
- On the sign outside the Elde Inn, there is "Hotel Orude" written in Hylian. Furthermore, above the doors to the inn, "Hotel" is written in Hylian.
Elde Inn in the Wii version
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 "Elde Inn 100 Rupees per Night (incl. continental breakfast) Famed natural hot spring, free!" — Sign outside the Elde Inn, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Look for...my light... Gather the light stolen by the shadows...into this..." — Eldin, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Dead End Ahead :- Elde Inn Management" — Sign in Kakariko Village, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "DANGER! Do not jump across from here! (Hotel accepts no responsibility for accidents.) :Elde Inn" — Sign in Kakariko Village, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "You got a red Rupee (20)!" — In-Game Description, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Barnes, along with Renado and Luda, are the only surviving members of Kakariko Village." — Card Description, Barnes Twilight Princess Trading Card
- ↑ "Wait, wait! Before you do, drink some of this!" — Talo, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Yeah, it's a special drink I made! I blended water from the spirit's spring with water from the hot springs! It's yummy!" — Talo, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Come on now, Colin, do you not want to eat some stew?" — Beth, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "He doesn't try to make friends with anyone, and every day he just gets up and goes straight to the graveyard! It's really weird!" — Beth, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "All he does is go to the graveyard behind the sanctuary and pray... All day, from morning until night, he prays..." — Luda, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ 12.1 12.2 "I dropped a letter into the hot spring and now I can't read it! Gotta blow this thing dry..." — Postman, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Well, all right, Brother, but if you ever DO want to go up top, I will launch you up there!" — Goron, Twilight Princess.