King Zora's Grave
King Zora's Grave is a location that appears in Twilight Princess. It is located behind the Graveyard in Kakariko Village. It is the resting place of King Zora, the former ruler of the Zora. In contrast to the run down Graveyard, the location surrounding King Zora's Grave seems to be very peaceful.
Link first encounters this area after transporting the sick Prince Ralis to Kakariko Village, where he rests within the safe confines of the Elde Inn. After talking with Telma outside the Inn, Queen Rutela appears. The past queen was recently executed in front of her people by the Usurper King Zant. The spirit of Rutela thanks Link for aiding her son, Prince Ralis. She then guides Link through the village and into the Graveyard. The stone that was situated to the far end of the Graveyard now clears, revealing a small crawl space that leads to King Zora's Grave. Link can then crawl through the hole and find the resting place of King Zora. Link comes across a small pool of water, which he must swim to the far end, where the tombstone lies. There, Queen Rutela moves the grave, which reveals the Zora Armor. King Zora crafted this armor specifically for the chosen hero.
Later on in his quest, Link must return to this location. When investigating the mysterious area of Snowpeak, Link seeks out the help of Ashei, who hands him a sketch. Link then heads to King Zora's Grave, where he finds Prince Ralis mourning the death of his parents. Link proceeds to show the young prince Ashei's Sketch. Prince Ralis soon recognises the monster in the sketch and notices the fish it is holding is, in fact, a Reekfish. Ralis then hands Link a Coral Earring, which can be used to catch the Reekfish in Zora's Domain.
- ↑ "The dark ones... They raided this village and, as a message to my people, executed me before them." — Rutela, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "She and her king were executed by the mad king of shadows, named Zant, and her tribe was frozen in a deep, difficult-to-reach pool in the northern province that shares the tribe's name. " — Prima Games Twilight Princess Strategy Guide, pg. 16
- ↑ "I am deeply grateful to you for aiding my son in his time of need." — Queen Rutela, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "You were right to bring him here. Kakariko Village is a sacred place for the Zora people. It is where we take our eternal rest." — Queen Rutela, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "My husband in life, King Zora, also rests his spirit here. It is no coincidence my son found his salvation in this place. ...That which I have promised you is within this grave." — Queen Rutela, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "During his lifetime, my husband created garments specifically for the chosen hero, garments that house the abilities of the Zora." — Queen Rutela, Twilight Princess.