The Hidden Village is a location featured in Twilight Princess. It is one of the last locations revealed within the game. The village itself is found within Eldin Province and is situated to the northern trail of the Bridge of Eldin. Link is told by the only inhabitant of the village, Impaz, that the people who inhabited this village were of a tribe that served the Royal Family of Hyrule honorably. She is likely referring to the Sheikah tribe.
For the majority of the game, Link is unable to access this area due to the appearance of a large immovable boulder that covers the entrance. After Link has retrieved the Wooden Statue from the Stalhounds in Hyrule Field, he can show the item to Ilia. Ilia suddenly has a flashback regarding the statue and remembers a woman saving her from a pack of monsters. Sensing that she still may be in trouble, Ilia urges Link to go this hidden location and save the woman. With the help of the Goron patriarch, Darbus, Link successfully enters the village. The village appears to be largely abandoned; however the young hero soon finds out that the area is infested with menacing Bulblins. Once Link has ridden the village of the monsters, an old woman appears from hiding out. She reveals herself to be Impaz, the woman who helped Ilia. The old woman thanks Link for his troubles and hands him an item that could respark the memory of Ilia, the Horse Call.
Link returns to the Sanctuary and shows Ilia the item. Suddenly, Ilia starts to remember her past and thus she recovers her full memory. Ilia then goes on to tell the young hero about the "Messenger to the Heavens". This was told to Ilia by Impaz and she cannot leave the abandoned village until the messenger arrives with the rod. Realizing that this rod is in fact the Dominion Rod, Link returns to the village to speak to Impaz. She reveals that Link is in fact the "Messenger to the Heavens" and in return she hands him the Ancient Sky Book. Link must complete this book with the Sky Characters in order to reach the City in the Sky, the hero's next destination.
There are two small Side Quests located in the Hidden Village, the first being for a Piece of Heart. In order to receive it, Link must talk to the Cucco Leader at the back of one of the building in Wolf form. He asks Link to talk to all twenty cats that have surfaced in the area. After he has, a Piece of Heart appears at the front of Impaz's House.
The second Side Quest in the village involves a Howling Stone. In Wolf form, Link can go to where he found the Cucco Leader and to the right he can find a Howling Stone. Howling the tune brings the Golden Wolf to its seventh and final location, right in front of Hyrule Castle.
|This section describes a subject that is or may be outside the core Zelda canon.|
Link's Crossbow Training
- ↑ "What...is this?! I... I remember something... I was confined somewhere... Yes, and I was saved by whoever was confined with me... And when that person set me free, they gave me this statue... Yes, yes, I remember that much! But that means...that person is still in trouble! Oh, what is WRONG with me?! I can't remember where that place was! I REMEMBER! That belonged to the tribe that protected the Hylian royal family long ago. They worked in secret, so they lived in a lonely, forgotten place. But I heard that tribe dwindled in the prolonged wars..." — Ilia, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "The nice woman who saved me told me about it... Apparently, in this woman's village, they've guarded something for the heavenly messenger for generations, so they await him. But they can't give this item away until the messenger arrives with the rod... That's why the lady couldn't leave her village, you see... Say, [Link]... Do you have any idea who this messenger to the heavens might be? Or even what the rod is? I'd sure like to help that lady, and if we can introduce her to whatever messenger to the heavens has the rod..." — Ilia, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Whether we get that girl's memory back, young warrior, will be up to you. Even our chief, Darbus, has lost the memory of his dark time... We have not told him that you were the one who saved him." — Gor Coron, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "The howls of the beasts... They've faded into silence... Wait, are you... The savior! It's you, the savior! Please, please forgive me...for not opening up the door. My name is Impaz. I'm the last resident of this poor village." — Impaz, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Excuse me for asking, but is your name...[Link]? Ah! I knew it... So then, you saved that nice girl? ...How lovely. When she was here, she would often cheer me up by saying that you would come to help. That sweet girl... She worried about this old woman even as I helped her to escape from here... By royal order, I can't leave this place until a certain person arrives. ...No matter what terrible fate is visited upon it... Oh, but listen to me blather on! I have a favor to ask: would you help me return this to her?" — Impaz, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "I... I knew you once... Yes... This feels so familiar... The scent of hay... Long ago... When we were young, you and I... You were always there... You were always beside me... [Link]." — Ilia, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Impaz", 7907-7813