Impaz is the 70 year old woman and the only person left in the run down Hidden Village within Twilight Princess. She cannot leave the village, because she is the last one and is said to have to wait for the "messenger to the heavens" so she can give them the Ancient Sky Book. Before Link met Impaz, the Hidden Village had been taken over by Bulblins. Ilia had also come there, and became friends with Impaz. Impaz knew how to escape and helped Ilia to, but she couldn't leave herself, as she still needed to wait for the messenger. Ilia left a Wooden Statue there, which becomes a key ingredient into getting her lost memory back.
Link encounters Impaz on his quest to revive Ilia's memory as well as finding and retrieving the third Mirror Shard. After Link has got the Wooden Statue from defeating the Stalhounds in Hyrule Field, he shows Ilia. Link's childhood friend has a flashback relating to the statue and remembers a woman saving her from a pack of monsters. Ilia senses that the woman may still be in trouble and informs Link of the situation and tells him to save her. Link speaks to Gor Coron, who tells the young hero that Darbus, the tribes patriarch, will help him out.
After Link has cleared the village of its menacing inhabitants, he meets the old woman near her house. She reveals herself to be Impaz. She then goes on to thank the young hero and hands him the Horse Call, in an attempt to spark Ilia's memory. Once Link has returned to Kakariko Village and restored Ilia's memory, he goes back to see Impaz about possible information regarding the "messenger of heavens". Link reveals the Dominion Rod to the old woman, she immediately recognises the artifact and realises that Link is in fact the messenger. She then hands him the Ancient Sky Book, thus allowing Link to further progress in the plot.
- ↑ "What...is this?! I... I remember something... I was confined somewhere... Yes, and I was saved by whoever was confined with me... And when that person set me free, they gave me this statue... Yes, yes, I remember that much! But that means...that person is still in trouble! Oh, what is WRONG with me?! I can't remember where that place was! I REMEMBER! That belonged to the tribe that protected the Hylian royal family long ago. They worked in secret, so they lived in a lonely, forgotten place. But I heard that tribe dwindled in the prolonged wars..." — Ilia, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "The nice woman who saved me told me about it... Apparently, in this woman's village, they've guarded something for the heavenly messenger for generations, so they await him. But they can't give this item away until the messenger arrives with the rod... That's why the lady couldn't leave her village, you see... Say, [Link]... Do you have any idea who this messenger to the heavens might be? Or even what the rod is? I'd sure like to help that lady, and if we can introduce her to whatever messenger to the heavens has the rod..." — Ilia, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Whether we get that girl's memory back, young warrior, will be up to you. Even our chief, Darbus, has lost the memory of his dark time... We have not told him that you were the one who saved him. He is a proud Goron, and he can be...touchy. If he knew he had been saved by a human... On the other hand, he does have a strong sense of moral duty, so if anything happens, you can count on him to help. Darbus happened to hear that an acquaintance of one of our brothers had lost her memory and was in some trouble." — Gor Coron, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "The howls of the beasts... They've faded into silence... Wait, are you... The savior! It's you, the savior! Please, please forgive me...for not opening up the door. My name is Impaz. I'm the last resident of this poor village." — Impaz, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Excuse me for asking, but is your name...[Link]? Ah! I knew it... So then, you saved that nice girl? ...How lovely. When she was here, she would often cheer me up by saying that you would come to help. That sweet girl... She worried about this old woman even as I helped her to escape from here... By royal order, I can't leave this place until a certain person arrives. ...No matter what terrible fate is visited upon it... Oh, but listen to me blather on! I have a favor to ask: would you help me return this to her?" — Impaz, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Hey! That rod... Is that the Dominion Rod? Ahh... Could it really be? Are you the messenger to the heavens?! Among the legends of my clan, there is a story from the time when the Oocca still maintained contact with the royal family. Yes, it said that a mysterious rod was handed down from the people of the sky, and it was called the Dominion Rod... The rod was only to be carried by the messenger to the heavens when the royal family needed to communicate with the Oocca." — Impaz, Twilight Princess.