Darbus is the patriarch of the Goron tribe on Death Mountain in Twilight Princess. He was consumed by the Fused Shadow and was locked away, deep in the Goron Mines. There he became Fyrus. Link restored Darbus to his normal form, but Darbus was never notified of Link's feat.
Darbus is huge and very intimidating, but he is always willing to help his friends. Although he has incredible strength, he attempted to create a joint society with the humans before he was turned into a monster. He broke the rocks near the Bridge of Eldin and allowed Link access to the Hidden Village warning Link of the dangers present there.
After Link restored him to his normal form, he forgot his memory of his dark time and that Link helped him. The Gorons has not told him that Link was the one that saved him. The elder, Gor Coron, was the tribe's patriarch before Darbus. When Darbus was overcome by evil, Gor Coron led the Goron tribe in place of Darbus.
- ↑ "Darbus is the patriarch of the Goron tribe on Death Mountain." — Card Description, Darbus Twilight Princess Trading Card
- ↑ "But the moment Darbus reached out and touched the treasure...everything went wrong." — Gor Coron, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "He collapsed...and before our very eyes transformed into an unspeakable monster!" — Gor Coron, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "He began to rage through the mines, trailing ruin behind him...and the eruptions grew more frequent and more severe." — Gor Coron, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "We used all of our strength to seal him deep inside the mountain..." — Gor Coron, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "It...grieved us to do this to our patriarch...but we had no other course of action." — Gor Coron, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "He is large, muscular, and his strength far surpasses that of any human. Darbus has a strong sense of moral duty; he has positive relationships with the people in surrounding towns and wants to create a joint society with them. These efforts were interrupted when Darbus was transformed into a horrible monster by the powers of the Fused Shadow." — Card Description, Darbus Twilight Princess Trading Card
- ↑ "There is one powerful creature I have seen about...but under that beast are many minions who attack and plunder like a pack of hyenas. There are 30... No... At most, 20 of them ahead..." — Darbus, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "They are probably just a small band of survivors... Ragged remnants who have settled, leaderless, into this village." — Darbus, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "If that is all there are, little human, then you alone are more than enough for them. But you will have to defeat them ALL to save that girl's benefactor." — Darbus, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "If there is anything I can do to help, just say so! It is in times like these that we must come to one another's aid!" — Darbus, Twilight Princess.