Impaz's House is a location that appears in Twilight Princess. The house is situated within the second province of the game, Eldin. More specifically, the house is found at the far end of the Hidden Village. However, the location isn't accessible throughout the majority of the main plot. It serves as the home of Impaz, the lone remaining resident of the area. Impaz takes shelter here from the Bulblins, that have taken over the abandoned village.
Link first encounters this location when on a his quest to find the third remaining Mirror Shard, that lies somewhere within the "heavens". After Link has shown the Wooden Statue to Ilia, she tells him of an old woman who saved her from a pack of monsters. Ilia, worried, senses that the woman who saved her might still be in trouble. Link, with the help of Darbus, gains entry to the seemingly abandoned village. After clearing the village of Bulblins, Impaz exits her house to thank the young hero. She then hands Link the Horse Call, in a hope that it might revitalize Ilia's memory.
After returning to Ilia and restoring her memory, she tells Link about the "Messenger to the Heavens". This was told to Ilia by Impaz, and the old woman won't leave her village until the messenger with the rod appears. Link, who wields the Dominion Rod, returns to the Hidden Village. Now he can access Impaz's House and show her the ancient item he acquired in the Temple of Time. She then recognizes that Link is in fact the "Messenger to the Heavens" and she hands the young hero the Ancient Sky Book. Link can use this book to reach his next destination, the City in the Sky.
- ↑ "What...is this?! I... I remember something... I was confined somewhere... Yes, and I was saved by whoever was confined with me... And when that person set me free, they gave me this statue... Yes, yes, I remember that much! But that means...that person is still in trouble! Oh, what is WRONG with me?! I can't remember where that place was! I REMEMBER! That belonged to the tribe that protected the Hylian royal family long ago. They worked in secret, so they lived in a lonely, forgotten place. But I heard that tribe dwindled in the prolonged wars..." — Ilia, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "The nice woman who saved me told me about it... Apparently, in this woman's village, they've guarded something for the heavenly messenger for generations, so they await him. But they can't give this item away until the messenger arrives with the rod... That's why the lady couldn't leave her village, you see... Say, [Link]... Do you have any idea who this messenger to the heavens might be? Or even what the rod is? I'd sure like to help that lady, and if we can introduce her to whatever messenger to the heavens has the rod..." — Ilia, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Whether we get that girl's memory back, young warrior, will be up to you. Even our chief, Darbus, has lost the memory of his dark time... We have not told him that you were the one who saved him." — Gor Coron, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "The howls of the beasts... They've faded into silence... Wait, are you... The savior! It's you, the savior! Please, please forgive me...for not opening up the door. My name is Impaz. I'm the last resident of this poor village." — Impaz, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Excuse me for asking, but is your name...[Link]? Ah! I knew it... So then, you saved that nice girl? ...How lovely. When she was here, she would often cheer me up by saying that you would come to help. That sweet girl... She worried about this old woman even as I helped her to escape from here... By royal order, I can't leave this place until a certain person arrives. ...No matter what terrible fate is visited upon it... Oh, but listen to me blather on! I have a favor to ask: would you help me return this to her?" — Impaz, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "I... I knew you once... Yes... This feels so familiar... The scent of hay... Long ago... When we were young, you and I... You were always there... You were always beside me... [Link]." — Ilia, Twilight Princess.