The Pirates' Fortress is a mini-dungeon within Majora's Mask. It is located within the Great Bay region of Termina. It is home to the Gerudo Pirates, who Link must fight in order to retrieve the four stolen Zora Eggs, which can later be used to teach Link the New Wave Bossa Nova. The Fortress is heavily fortified and the Pirates' are on high alert, constantly patrolling the area.
The exterior of the Pirates' Fortress is known as enclosed by a large iron gate separating the Fortress from the Pirates' Cove. Link must go to the cavern which is located to the side of the Cove. It is here where Link unveils a hidden passage way. Circling the lake, Gerudo Pirates patrol the area on motor boats here. If any of the pirates spot Link, he is thrown out of the lake area and has to attempt to enter once again. Alternatively, the Stone Mask can be used to escape the pirates' vision as Link is completely invisible to them while wearing it.
The interior of the Pirates' Fortress is where the Hookshot and where the stolen Zora Eggs are located. Link must make it through a variety of water-related puzzles by using the Zora Mask and still avoid the Gerudo Pirates to retrieve these items. The Stone Mask may be used to avoid the pirates, but the Gerudo Guard mini-bosses can see through the mask and attacks Link. Link must defeat them in order to obtain the eggs.
- Main article: Hookshot
The Hookshot was previously stolen from the Zora outside the entrance and is referred to as a legendary treasure.  This item is hidden in a chest deep within the Fortress. Link must sneak his way through the heavy defenses and up to the room where the chest is located. However, the chest is guarded at first so Link must use the Hero's Bow to shoot a beehive in order to make it fall down. This provokes the bees to attack the guards, making the room clear in the process. The item can be used to latch on to certain objects and markings and pull Link towards a specific location.
Piece of Heart
In order to obtain the Seahorse from the Fisherman , Link must first snap a picture of the Gerudo Pirate in the Pirates' Fortress with the aid of the Stone Mask. Once Link has taken a picture of the Gerudo Pirate, Link can return to the Fisherman and show him the picture. In exchange, Link is rewarded with the Seahorse. Once the Seahorse is reunited with its lover, Link is gifted with a Piece of Heart.
- ↑ "The security at the Pirates' Fortress is tight. Sneaking in is no easy task." — Zora, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "The Pirates' Fortress usually is closed off by an iron gate, so you can't get in from here." — Zora, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "If you're set on meeting those beautiful pirates, try going to the valley on the other side of town!" — Zora, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Hmph! We're not to be made fools of! We aren't fooled by that mask!" — Gerudo Pirate, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "See, it was long ago when I used to use this thing called a hookshot to catch fish off the coast... But I was attacked by these pirates, and they took it away with them. They say... it's a legendary treasure.." — Zora, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "It may be a treasure resting somewhere in the Pirates' Fortress at the edge of this coast." — Zora, Majora's Mask.