Waterfall Rapids, also known as the Fall Headwaters, is a location in the Great Bay region of Termina in Majora's Mask. It is nestled off to the west side of Great Bay Coast. The journey to the Waterfall Rapids involves Link having to utilize the Hookshot to ascend on to the palm trees on the many platforms that lead to the summit of the waterfall. This is also the main location in which the Beaver Brothers reside, where they run a series of Mini-Games.
At the top of the Waterfall Rapids, Link can play a game with the Beaver Brothers in order to obtain an Empty Bottle. Wearing the Zora Mask, Link must race through rings in an allotted time and meet or exceed the requirements. If Link does not go through one of the rings, the subsequent rings he swims through will not count. On first completion, the older brother refuses to give Link his reward and claims that he must race him before rewarding the young hero. The rules change slightly when Link races the older brother, as now there are 25 rings that Link must swim through. When Link has beaten the second challenge, he is gifted with an Empty Bottle.
Once Link has won the second race, he can further challenge the brothers, who now don't have no more Empty Bottles to give. These two challenges are slightly harder than the first as the time given is ten seconds shorter. Once Link has beaten the new time limit twice, he is rewarded with a Piece of Heart as a gesture to leave the Beavers alone.
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 "Fall Headwaters Beavers' home. Beware of swift currents." — Sign, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "The Beaver Bros. were a comical duo who once lived atop the Waterfall Rapids in Termina's Great Bay Coast. They innocently challenged Link to a race, not realizing that they were writing themselves a place in Terminan history." — The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Beaver Bros.
- ↑ "Aim your hookshot up and to the left to pull yourself over to a palm tree. Continue reeling yourself over to the palm trees lining the cliffside until you reach the summit and Fall Headwaters." — Nintendo Power Majora's Mask Strategy Guide, pg. 82
- ↑ "Koo, koo, koo. If you want an empty bottle, I can give you one... But only if you can swim through all the rings in the river in under two minutes." — Beaver Brothers, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "There's a total of 20 rings. You must swim through them in the right order for it to count. Swim through the ring that's flashing. I'll show you the way, so follow me and don't get separated!" — Beaver Brothers, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "If you skip [a ring], the subsequent rings you swim through won't count." — Nintendo Power Majora's Mask Strategy Guide, pg. 82
- ↑ "I can't give you one just because you beat my little brother. We can't just give you one. I'll give you one after you race once more against me." — Beaver Brothers, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "The rules are the same, but this time there are 25 rings." — Beaver Brothers, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "He's back, little brother. Yeah, he's back, big brother. But we don't have any more empty bottles...do we, little brother?" — Beaver Brothers, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "First, you have to start with my little brother. This time, the limit is 1:50." — Beaver Brothers, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "If we give THAT to him, I wonder if he'll leave us alone, little brother." — Beaver Brothers, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Once you've outraced the beaver brothers at the waterfall rapids and have won their bottle, race them again to win a Piece of Heart." — Nintendo Power Majora's Mask Strategy Guide, pg. 131