A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, Link encounters Kiki while journeying through the Dark Palace Grounds in search of the Dark Palace. Link finds Kiki within the garden, at which point Kiki begins to follow Link. Kiki loves Rupees and initially asks Link if he can spare 10 Rupees. If Link declines to give Kiki the rupees, Kiki says that he has no reason to talk to Link anyway and subsequently stops following him and jumps back into the garden. If Link agrees to give Kiki the Rupees, the monkey continues to follow him.
While following Link, if Link takes any damage at all, Kiki immediately runs off back to the garden. If Link successfully makes it to the entrance of the Dark Palace, Kiki offers to open the entrance to the Dark Palace in exchange for 100 Rupees. If Link declines, Kiki will, once again, run off, challenging Link to open it himself. However, if Link accepts, Kiki jumps on top of the statues and opens the entrance to the first dungeon within the Dark World.
In Link's Awakening, Kiki is part of the long Trading Sequence featured in the game. Link can give Kiki Bananas, and in return Kiki calls his monkey friends and builds a bridge that allows Link to reach Kanalet Castle. After the bridge is complete, Kiki and his friends leave, but not before leaving a Stick on the bridge. This Stick can be used to continue the Trading Sequence.
- In Link's Awakening, when BowWow is following Link around, he can take him to Kiki and they will start to fight. The fight always ends in Kiki running away.
Kiki Sprite from A Link to the Past
Kiki Artwork from Link's Awakening (Game Boy)
Kiki Sprite from Link's Awakening DX
Kiki Screenshot from Link's Awakening (2019)
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 "I'm Kiki the monkey ki ki! I love Rupees more than anything. Can you spare me 10 Rupees? What will you do? :Give him 10 Rupees :Never give him anything" — Kiki, A Link to the Past.
- ↑ "Ki ki! Harumph! I have no reason to talk to you, then. Bye bye! Kik ki ki!" — Kiki, A Link to the Past.
- ↑ "Ki ki ki ki! Good choice! I will accompany you for a while. Kik kiki!" — Kiki, A Link to the Past.
- ↑ "Ki ki ki! If you give me 100 Rupees, I will open the entrance for you. Ki ki ki! What will you do? :Ask him to open it :Try to open it yourself" — Kiki, A Link to the Past.
- ↑ "Ki ki ki! Hmph! Do it yourself, then! Kik ki ki!" — Kiki, A Link to the Past.
- ↑ "Chi-kiita! Chi- kiita! Kiki the monkey! Hungry! Kiki the monkey!" — Kiki, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ " ! ! Oooh! Ooh! Kiki! Monkees! Come! Repay him! Kiki!" — Kiki, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ " Monkey business! Done! Bye bye! Oooh! Kiki!" — Kiki, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "You found a stick a monkey left behind... You take it!" — In-Game Description, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "Kiiiki! What?! All right, mutt! Let's battle!!" — Kiki, Link's Awakening.