- This article is about the character from Link's Awakening. For the character from Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Four Swords Adventures, see Kaepora Gaebora.
The Owl is first seen when Link retrieves his Sword from Toronbo Shores. It explains that the only way for Link to leave the island is for him to awaken the Wind Fish. It then suggests that Link goes to the Mysterious Forest. After this, it frequently appears to steer Link in the right direction on his quest, often telling him where he can find the next dungeon.
Official Artwork of the Owl from Link's Awakening (Game Boy)
Official Artwork of the Owl from Link's Awakening DX
- ↑ "The Owl
An owl that frequently appears before Link, guiding him on his journey." — The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia, pg. 103
- ↑ "The mysterious owl that appeared before Link informed him that the only way to escape the island was to awaken the Wind Fish." — The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia, pg. 103
- ↑ "Hoot! Hoot! So you are the lad who owns the sword... Now I understand why the monsters are starting to act so violently... A courageous lad has come to wake the Wind Fish... It is said that you cannot leave the island unless you wake the Wind Fish... You should now go north, to the Mysterious Forest. I will wait for you there! Hoot!" — Owl, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "It is actually a manifestation of the Wind Fish's consciousness." — The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia, pg. 103
- ↑ "Hoot! Young lad, I mean... Link , the hero! You have defeated the Nightmares! You have proven your wisdom, courage and power! ... ... ... ... As part of the Wind Fish's spirit, I am the guardian of his dream world... But one day, the Nightmares entered the dream and began wreaking havoc. Then you, Link , came to rescue the island... I have always trusted in your courage to turn back the Night- mares. Thank you, Link ... My work is done... The Wind Fish will wake soon. Good bye...Hoot!" — Owl, Link's Awakening.