Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mamu is a frog singer from Link's Awakening. If Link manages to make it through the entire Signpost Maze correctly, he can use the Hookshot to get across a pit and find stairs leading down to Mamu. For 300 rupees, he will sing a "previously unreleased cut". The song is Frog's Song of Soul, and after hearing it, Link can replicate it on his ocarina. Mamu explains that the song makes things feel alive.
- Mamu is based on Wart from Super Mario Bros. 2, whose original Japanese name is Mamu.
- ↑ "Ribbit! Ribbit! Hey, man, I'm Mamu, on vocals! Brother, you look like you don't know squat about music! Ribbit!" — Mamu, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "Ribbit! Ribbit! I'm Mamu, on vocals! But I don't need to tell you that, do I? Everybody knows me! Want to hang out and listen to us jam? For 300 Rupees, we'll let you listen to a previously unreleased cut! What do you do? Pay Leave" — Mamu, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ "You've learned The Frog's Song of Soul! It's a very moving tune... It can even liven up unliving things!" — In-Game Description, Link's Awakening.
- ↑ " If you play this song, you'll make everything around you feel more alive!" — Mamu, Link's Awakening.