Cukemen are recurring enemies in The Legend of Zelda series.
A Link to the Past
Cukemen are the mysterious transfigured form of a Buzz Blob. Sprinkling Magic Powder on a buzz blob will make it turn into a Cukeman. The Cukeman will still hurt Link if he bumps into it, so he must not let his guard down. Any long-range weapons, such as Hookshot or the Bow are quite effective to defeat them. Unlike any other enemy in the game, Link can communicate with a Cukeman. If Link speak with one, it will say random phrases such as:
- "Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."
- "Oh yah, you found Sahasrahla! ... ... ... Good job la la!"
If a Cukeman is frozen with the Ice Rod or Ether Medallion, then smashed with the Magic Hammer, it will turn back into a Buzz Blob again instead of shattering. It is also an answer for tenth riddle ("The spectacled wanderer... what is it?" ) in the Riddle Quest in the Game Boy Advance port of A Link to the Past.
Like in A Link to the Past, sprinkling Magic Powder on a Buzz Blob will make it turn into a Cukeman. The Cukeman will still damage Link if he comes in direct contact with them. If Link speak with one, it will say random phrases to him such as:
- "Hey mon!"
- "You know me, I like short names the best..."
- "It can display millions of polygons!"
- "I definitely need it, as soon as possible!"
In the German version of Link's Awakening, Cukeman will say some weird phrases that is censored in the US version of the game such as:
Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages
Sprinkle a Mystery Seed on the Buzz Blob to turn it into a Cukeman. If Link speak with one, it will say random phrases to him such as:
- "Feel my cold, steely gaze!!!"
- "I'm so sleepy."
- "I want to ride a plane. Anywhere is fine."
- "I wish I could go to a tropical southern island."
- "I want a nice tropical vacation."
- "3 large, 2 regular."
- "Huh? Did I say that?"
- "Really? I mean, I knew that!"