Sword - 1 hit
Boo Buddies, also named Boos, are ghost enemies that are encountered in Link's Awakening. They are the same as Boos from the Mario franchise, which is especially hinted at by their Japanese name, and are one of several Super Mario series enemies to make a guest appearance in Link's Awakening.
There are only two Boo Buddies in the game, who are both located in Bottle Grotto, and they guard the Power Bracelet. Unlike the Boo, the Boo Buddy does not shield its face if Link looks at it. These ghost enemies are weakened when Link makes the room brighter, so he should light the torches in the room before fighting them. When the room is dark, the Boo Buddies attack Link and follow him around the room. When the room gets brighter, they turn black and slowly back away from Link.
If the room is completely dark, only Link's Magic Rod or Bow can kill a Boo Buddy, taking four arrows or one hit with the Magic Rod to defeat a Boo Buddy. If Link tries to slash them with his Sword when the room is dark, the Boo Buddies are not harmed, but instead, they blink, disappear, and reappear a few spaces away. The easiest way for Link to take down a Boo Buddy is to light the torches in the room, then quickly slash them with his sword. Another way is for Link to wait for them to leave the room once spooked. Once the Boo Buddies are defeated, Link is rewarded with the Power Bracelet.
- ↑ The Legend of Zelda: Encyclopedia, pg. 168
- ↑ "Another escapee from Super Mario World, the Boo Buddies can be destroyed once you turn on the lights." — Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide, pg. 99
- ↑ "Link encountered the Boo Buddies while exploring the Bottle Grotto on Koholint Island. They were invisible at first, but when Link lit the braziers in the room they became vulnerable to attack." — The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Boo Buddy
- ↑ "Boo Buddies guard the Power Bracelet in 1-A." — Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide, pg. 37
- ↑ "When you light the Lamps, you'll fry the Boos." — Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide, pg. 37
- ↑ "2. Light the lamps to bust the ghosts and earn the bracelet." — Nintendo Power Issue 116, pg. 101
- ↑ "Attack them with your Sword to defeat them." — Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide, pg. 37
- ↑ "Earn the Power Bracelet by defeating the Boo Buddies when you spook them with lighted lamps." — Nintendo Power Issue 094, pg. 66
- ↑ "Defeating them makes the Treasure Chest that holds the Power Bracelet appear." — Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide, pg. 37