- This article is about the small, blue traps in Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons. For the similar named enemies, see Thwomp (Disambiguation).
Thwomps are indestructible, trap-like enemies found in Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons. Thwomps are small and blue with one big eye, having spikes on the exterior of the monster's body. Also, they are the smaller versions of the large enemies, Spiked Thwomps and Mega Thwomps. Similarly to many enemies, they are based on the reappearing enemy from the Mario series.
Found only in side-scrolling sections of the Face Shrine, Thwomps wait at the ceiling of a room for Link to walk underneath them. When Link is near them, they begin to turn red, having an angry-looking eye. Once he is underneath a Thwomp, the trap will try to crush him by crashing onto the floor. If he simply walks under the Thwomps, it comes down onto the floor, blocking his path and possibly damaging him. As a result, Link needs to equip the Pegasus Boots to dash beneath them in order to safety get across and to avoid getting hurt.
Oracle of Seasons
In Oracle of Seasons, Thwomps look similar and act the same as they did in Link's Awakening, the only difference being these do not turn red when Link approaches them. Found only in the side-scrolling sections of Snake's Remains, four Thwomps can be found next to each other, forming a line. Unlike in Link's Awakening, Link does not need to use the Pegasus Seeds to run past the Thwomps as they do not crash onto the floor as fast as before.
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 "The basic Thwomp simply tries to crush anything that crosses beneath it." — Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide, pg. 101
- ↑ "Thwomps
More refugees from the Mushroom Kingdom have shown up in Koholint." — Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide, pg. 69
- ↑ "The Thwomps will crash to the floor with hero-crushing force." — Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide, pg. 69
- ↑ "When you spot these traps, use the Pegasus Boots to Dash beneath them." — Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide, pg. 101
- ↑ "Use your speedy Boots to dash safely past the stone stompers." — Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide, pg. 69