Triforce Shard from The Legend of Zelda
A Triforce Shard, also known as a Triforce Fragment, is a piece of the Triforce that has been broken and scattered throughout Hyrule. They appear as small, gold triangles, and are just a smaller version of the actual Triforce.
The Legend of Zelda
In The Legend of Zelda, the Triforce Shards are the shards of the Triforce of Wisdom, which Zelda had once possessed. However, once Ganon came to Hyrule and stole the Triforce of Power, Zelda knew he would come after her and the Triforce of Wisdom. She decides to break it into eight pieces, and hides each of them in a different dungeon across Hyrule. She then told Impa to look for a suitable hero that can collect the pieces and destroy Ganon. Impa finds Link, and immeditely tells him of the great quest he is to be set out on. Link proceeds to travel to each of the eight dungeons and defeats every enemy that gets in his way, and eventually collects all the Shards and put together the Triforce of Wisdom. With the Triforce of Wisdom in hand, he heads for Spectacle Rock, where Ganon is rumored to lurk, inside Death Mountain. He finds Ganon, and will his power and the Triforce of Wisdom, he destroys Ganon and takes back the Triforce of Power.
After Link collects a Triforce Shard, his hearts are fully healed.
The Wind Waker
There are eight Triforce Shards in The Wind Waker that can be found scattered across the Great Sea. The King of Red Lions first mentions them after Link completes the Tower of the Gods. He explains that when the Hero of Time left Hyrule, the Triforce of Courage split into these shards and scattered across the land. During the flood, they were buried underneath the ocean with the rest of the kingdom.
After Link completes the Wind Temple, he finds the King of Red Lions speaking with a Fishman. The King tells Link that he should collect these Triforce Shards because it is the only way that they can open a gate into Hyrule beneath the sea and visit Zelda.
In order to find a shard, Link must first locate the Triforce Chart that corresponds with it. The IN-credible Chart shows where these maps are found. However, the Triforce Charts are unreadable until Tingle interprets them for 398 Rupees. Once he does that, he also marks the location of the shard on his IN-credible Chart. The Triforce Shards are then found in Treasure Chests that can be brought up from the ocean floor with the Grappling Hook. A bright beam of light shoots up from the spot where the shards are hidden.
Once Link salvages the eighth shard from the ocean, they combine together to form the complete Triforce of Courage. He then takes it to the Tower of the Gods in order to open a portal into Hyrule, and the Triforce symbol appears on the back of his hand, proving that he is the Hero of Winds.
- ↑ "MANY YEARS AGO PRINCE DARKNESS "GANNON" STOLE ONE OF THE TRIFORCE WITH POWER. PRINCESS ZELDA HAD ONE OF THE TRIFORCE WITH WISDOM. SHE DIVIDED IT INTO 8 UNITS TO HIDE IT FROM "GANNON" BEFORE SHE WAS CAPTURED. GO FIND THE "8" UNITS "LINK" TO SAVE HER." — In-Game Description, The Legend of Zelda.
- ↑ "All of Link's LIFE hearts turn red when he finds a Triforce fragment hidden in a labyrinth.", The Legend of Zelda Game Manual, pg. 26
- ↑ "That sacred piece is known as the Triforce of Courage. When the Hero of Time was called to embark on another journey and left the land of Hyrule, he was separated from the elements that made him a hero. It is said that at that time, the Triforce of Courage was split into eight shards and hidden throughout the land." — King of Red Lions, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "[Link], it is still too early for you to come to this place. Even though the power to repel evil has been returned to the Master Sword, you will not be able to return to Hyrule until the Triforce is complete." — King of Red Lions, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Quickly! You must now think only of finding the eight shards and completing the Triforce of Courage." — King of Red Lions, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You got the IN-credible Chart! Now you know where all the Triforce Charts are hidden! That's positively IN-credible! Press [D-pad][v] and check your charts to view it." — In-Game Description, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Would you like me to decipher it for you? ...For 398 Rupees? Sure No thanks" — Tingle, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hmmm... Mr. Fairy! I have marked the location of the Triforce shard on your IN-credible Chart, too! When you open this chart by pressing [Y] on your Sea Chart, the place where the treasure is will shine forth! Then, just go to that place and rely on your chart to help you find the treasure!" — Tingle, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh! What is this? There, on your hand_the Triforce piece now dwells within you!" — King of Red Lions, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "It is the Triforce of Courage_proof that you are indeed the true hero." — King of Red Lions, The Wind Waker.