Upon discovering that Ganon's influence has spread to Forest Haven, the King of Red Lions urges Link to sail to Greatfish Isle, where the next pearl lies in possession of the spirit, Jabun. Unfortunately, once they arrive, they find the island in a destroyed state, with Jabun nowhere to be seen.
Quill then appears, explaining that although Jabun is no longer at Greatfish Isle, he managed to escape the destruction and head to Outset Island, Link's home. However, Jabun is hidden behind a stone wall to protect him. Quill then admits that he told the pirates about Jabun's hiding place, but luckily they were unable to break the barrier. According to him, the pirates were last seen on Windfall Island. The King of Red Lions agrees that they should head there, but asks Link not to confront the pirates directly.
Link sneaks into the Bomb Shop on Windfall Island in hopes of overhearing the pirates' plan. They reveal that they will use Bombs to break down Jabun's seal. Tetra initially wants to set sail to Outset immediately, but at her pirates' protests she decides to give Link a chance and allows them to spend the night in the Cafe Bar. Gonzo then reiterates the password to the ship to Mako.
Using this password, Link can sneak onto the Pirate Ship and finds Niko there. He sets up another test for Link, in which he must jump across platforms to reach the other side. Once Link makes it to the other side, Niko reluctantly gives him their bombs.
Link heads for Outset Island and breaks down the stone wall concealing Jabun's hiding place using the bombs. After a brief conversation with the King of Red Lions, Jabun gives him Nayru's Pearl.
- ↑ "[Link], you must get the remaining pearl! It lies in a place northwest of here. We must set sail immediately!" — King of Red Lions, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Look, [Link]! Do you see it? ...What has happened to this place? ............. Wh-What is the meaning of this? The island... It is... ...We are too late. I knew we had precious little time, but I never suspected how little... A great water spirit named Jabun once lived here, but no sign of him remains..." — King of Red Lions, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "So, you're here! I've been looking for you! Are you by chance seeking the great spirit, Jabun? I'm sorry to report to you that Jabun can no longer be found here. Just look at how this place has been torn to pieces... I suppose this, too, is the work of the shadow in Forsaken Fortress. But fear not! Jabun was able to flee this island before it was attacked. He is in a safer abode now. Would you like to guess where that abode may be? ...On the island where you were born. On Outset." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Yet even if you were to go to Outset now, you would not be able to see Jabun. The cave where he hides is sealed with a mighty stone slab that repels all who try to pass it. Why, not even the pirates with their mighty ship could get in..." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...I must apologize, [Link]. I thought if anyone would know of your whereabouts, it would be the pirates. I told them this tale without so much as a thought for the consequences. I don't know what they hoped to get, but they immediately set sail for Outset Island and tried to break into the cave." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...It is lucky they could not gain entrance. I have heard that they were last spotted on Windfall Island, but doing what, I do not know. If you wish to see Jabun, I think you'd better search for the pirates on Windfall Island." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "So, Jabun has survived! The sea spirit has lived through the trials of many long years. He must have caught wind of Ganon's attack beforehand... If we are to believe the words of the Rito postman, then the pirates know something about the cave where Jabun hides. Why don't we go first to Windfall and search for them there?" — King of Red Lions, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I know not what they are researching, but if they are hoping to get their hands on Jabun's sacred gem... I doubt they would tell you anything directly if you were to ask them. [Link], I think you should try to find out what the pirates are up to... without them finding out about you." — King of Red Lions, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Look, don't be mad at us! It's not our fault that we absolutely gotta have bombs to get the treasure we're after! How about you just think of it as payback for the nasty little monopoly you've been running here, yeah?" — Mako, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Keep your childish jokes to yourselves and get those bombs back to the ship! The second you're done loading them up, we're setting sail for Outset Island!" — Tetra, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Whaaat!? Miss! We have to leave immediately? But it's been so long since we were on shore!" — Gonzo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "All right! Fine! Have it your way! We can leave town tomorrow, you big babies. But we're setting sail at first light, so no sleeping in! Understood?" — Tetra, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Say there, brother, what was today's password, again?" — Mako, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Today's password is [var. Password], yeah? Remember?" — Gonzo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "But...I guess being so worshiped by my swabbie ought to cheer me up! All right! Why don't we set you to your next test, huh? This one is harder than the last! Good luck! You'll need it, swabbie! You can see there are lanterns hanging throughout the room, right? Well, last time when you pressed the switch, platforms rose up for you to jump onto, right? Yeah, well, this time, there aren't any! Which means you have to jump from one rope to the next rope! Pretty tough..." — Niko, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You're the best swabbie of all time! So...I guess I'll just give you the bombs! Go on! Take 'em!" — Niko, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I give to you the guidepost to the gods. This jewel should dispel the curse that Ganon has cast upon this land." — Jabun, The Wind Waker.