Ghost Ship Chart
The Ghost Ship Chart is a special chart found in The Wind Waker. It can be found on Diamond Steppe Island. After Link climbs to the top of the island using the Hookshot, he can enter a maze of Warp Jars. Finding the correct path through the maze allows him to find a treasure chest containing the chart.
As its name suggests, the Ghost Ship Chart allows Link to determine the location of the Ghost Ship. It displays where the Ghost Ship is located at each phase of the moon. The phase in question glows when Link looks at the chart at night, as well as the Ghost Ship symbol in the center. After Link takes the treasure from the Ghost Ship, the chart no longer glows. Additionally, Link cannot enter the Ghost Ship unless he is holding this chart; the ship merely disappears if he encounters it beforehand.
Ghost Ship Locations
According to the chart, the Ghost Ship appears in these locations:
- Full Moon - Crescent Moon Island
- Waxing Gibbous - Diamond Steppe Island
- First Quarter - Bomb Island
- Waxing Crescent - Spectacle Island
- Waning Crescent - Five-Star Isles
- Third Quarter - Star Belt Archipelago
- Waning Gibbous - Greatfish Isle
- According to Lenzo, the man who wrote the Ghost Ship Chart died unexpectedly soon after completing it.
- ↑ "Oh, I've got some great information, small fry! Lucky you! If you use the treasure that's hidden on that island there, the thing that vanishes as soon as you get near it... It won't vanish anymore! You know...IT! I'm talking about IT! That thing that appears on nights when a wee bit of the right half of the moon is missing! Don't you know what I'm talking about?! IT!" — Fishman, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "The rumors I've heard tell of a man who researched the reaches of the sea where the Ghost Ship faded in and out of sight, and that he drew a map of its movements. But it is said that as soon as the man had finished drawing the lines of that cursed map...he died a most unexpected death. ...Chilling! Truly chilling! Now, if one were able to find that map... then it might be possible to sneak onto the Ghost Ship and get the treasure that is said to lurk within its hull!" — Lenzo, The Wind Waker.