- This article is about the plant and material. For the Recovered Memory, see Silent Princess (Memory).
Breath of the Wild
"This lovely flower was said to have been a favorite of the princess of Hyrule. Once feared to have gone extinct, it's recently been spotted growing in the wild."
Silent Princesss can be found occasionally in forested areas of Hyrule. Three in particular lie by the Master Sword's resting place in the Korok Forest. It is also commonly found on the hilltop behind the Ta'loh Naeg Shrine and surrounding the Great Fairy Cotera. It is the focal point of the Recovered Memory#9, where Princess Zelda examines one growing in the wild. This particular plant is used in the enhancing of the Champion's Tunic and the Stealth Set. They can be sold to shop-vendors all over Hyrule for 10 Rupees each. Silent Princesses can be used in a variety of Recipes, and they have an extra cooking effect of increased stealth.
Like most stealth-related ingredients and animals, Silent Princesses are bioluminescent, and thus easy to spot at night.
Most notably, a sole Silent Princess can be found in Princess Zelda's Study at Hyrule Castle, it being the only living thing in the whole location that isn't a monster, a Guardian or is blighted with Malice.
A total of 44 Silent Princesses are needed for armor upgrades in the game, 34 for the base game and 10 for Amiibo-exclusive parts:
|Armor / Part||Quantity|
|x 3 for ★,★★ and ★★★ enhancement each;|
x 10 for ★★★★ enhancement
(19 total)[MT 1]
|x 5 for ★★★★ enhancement for each part|
(15 total)[MT 1]
Sheik's Mask[MT 2]
|x 1 for ★ enhancement|
x 2 for ★★ enhancement
x 3 for ★★★ enhancement
x 4 for ★★★★ enhancement
(10 total)[MT 1]
- Requires additional ingredients other than the ones mentioned here; see each part's page for more details.
- Obtained by scanning the Sheik (Super Smash Bros) amiibo, through the use of the amiibo Rune
Age of Calamity
"This lovely flower is said to be a favorite of Princess Zelda. Once feared to have gone extinct, it can sometimes be spotted growing in the wild."
- Zelda's Training Lv. 12 challenge (x5)
- Echoing Footsteps Lv. 25 challenge (x10)
- The Royal Escort Lv. 27 challenge (x5)
- Fruit for the Princess! Lv. 37 challenge (x10)
- Zelda's Training: Bows Lv. 46 challenge (x10)
- King's Escort Lv. 52 challenge (x10)
- Terrako's Training Lv. 57 challenge (x10)
- A Royal Investigation Lv. 61 challenge (x10)
- Harbingers of the Calamity Lv. 64 challenge (x10)
- Miss Vai Battle Pageant Lv. 64 challenge
- A Flower-Adorned Goddess (x1)
- Soothing Tensions (x10)
- Party for the Leafy Spirits (x10)
- A Flower Fit for a King (x20)
- Fragmented Memories (x10)
- Terrako, Empowered (x10)
- To Brighten Her Day (x15)
- Custom-Made Color (x10)
- Parade for the Champions (x5)
- The Silent Princess found at Zelda's study is representative of Zelda's own presence in the castle, persisting with unblemished life in spite of being surrounded by evil. Its scarcity in Hyrule also represents the absence of the Princess.
- Due to its use as an ingredient to upgrade the Champion's Tunic, it's implied that the flower's reported association with the princess of Hyrule is magical in nature, and that said flowers began regrowing in the wild in the face of the Calamity, possibly for said purpose.
- Curiously, the flower's scarcity is not represented in its selling value (it being one of the most scarce resources in the game), which is comparatively low.