Silent Princess (Memory)
- This article is about the Recovered Memory. For the plant and material, see Silent Princess.
Pikango at the Serenne Stable will recognize the location shown in the picture. He recognizes that Hyrule Castle is in the background. He thinks that the location is north of the Hyrule Castle Moat, just southeast of the stable. The actual location is on a grassy hillside on Irch Plain, southeast of Salari Hill, by the edge of a small lake.
- Find the location on the Breath of the Wild Interactive Map
"Zelda shows Link some of the rare types of wildlife in Hyrule. She explains her admiration for a flower called the silent princess. She also catches something unexpected and inspiring!"
The memory begins with Zelda and Link kneeling together on a grassy hillside beneath a tree, their horses grazing quietly nearby. Zelda cheerfully takes pictures of various surrounding flowers on the Sheikah Slate, telling Link about how the flowers in Hyrule are useful as ingredients in medicines and elixirs, aside from being beautiful. She pauses, and shows Link a beautiful blue flower: the Silent Princess. She tells him that this flower is endangered, and despite their best efforts nobody had been able to domesticate it yet. The species' only hope was that it could survive on its own, in the wild.
Zelda stops again and excitedly scoots past the Silent Princess flower, reaching out and grabbing something in her hands as she tells Link about the thing she spotted. Delighted that she managed to catch it, she tells Link that studies have shown that ingesting the creature she caught may bolster certain physical abilities. She opens her hands, revealing a Hot-Footed Frog, and tells Link that while they're not in a controlled environment, Link's physical fitness would make him a perfect subject to study the frog's effects. The memory ends with Zelda thrusting the frog towards a flustered Link, telling him to taste it.
- In spite of being the subject at hand, at present there are no Silent Princess flowers in the location of the memory itself, the Irch Plain. On the contrary, Hot-Footed Frogs are indeed endemic to the location.
- Contrary to Zelda's speculation, the frogs' properties when consumed on their own are not discussed in-game, as it's not possible to consume them like that. Even cooking them on meals will yield a Dubious Food plate, and the only way for them to yield their intended properties is to make Hasty Elixirs from them by cooking them with monster parts.
- Hot-Footed Frogs are bigger in the game than what's shown in the memory. In the game they're at least hand-sized, while the frog shown in the memory is comparatively daintier.