|Française||Masque de Lapin|
|Español||Capucha de Conejo|
|Italiana||Orecchie da Coniglio|
"You got the Bunny Hood! My, what long ears it has! Will the power of the wild spring forth?"
Ocarina of Time
The Bunny Hood is one of the four masks that Link can borrow from the Happy Mask Shop as part of the Happy Mask Side Quest. Once Link has sold the Spooky Mask and delivered the 30 Rupees to the Happy Mask Salesman, he can borrow the Bunny Hood and sell the mask to the Running Man who jogs in the same route around Lon Lon Ranch. Once Link catches up to the Running Man and speaks to him while wearing the Bunny Hood, he will be interested in the mask. Even though the mask costs 50 Rupees, the Running Man will pay in an amount that fills Link's Wallet. Once sold, Link heads back to the Happy Mask Shop and gives the Happy Mask Salesman 50 Rupees for the Bunny Hood, making Link eligible to receive the Mask of Truth. The Bunny Hood is useful in that it protects the wearer from Stalchildren at night.
In Majora's Mask, the Bunny Hood is one of the twenty four masks in the game and one of the best optional masks in the game. In order for Link to obtain the Bunny Hood, he has to acquire the Bremen Mask. Link can then head over to Romani Ranch and into the Cucco Shack where a man named Grog wishes he could see his little Cuccos grow up. Link, while wearing the Bremen Mask, is able to make the little Cuccos follow him. After all the Cuccos have been collected, they will turn into full grown Cuccos. Grog will be so happy that he will reward Link with the Bunny Hood.
This particular mask allows Link to run almost twice as fast as normal, thus allowing him to jump long distances. This increased agility is far superior than old tactic rolling to one's destination cutting travel time significantly and making the Bunny Hood one of the most useful masks in the game. Another minor function of the Bunny Hood is to let an on-screen timer be displayed during the Postman's "count to 10 seconds" game, to aid Link in stopping right at 10 seconds.
|This Section describes a subject that is or may be outside the core Zelda canon.|
Super Smash Bros. series
Beginning in Super Smash Bros. Melee, the Bunny Hood became a standard item in the Super Smash Bros. series. Once the item is picked up, the character's speed and jumping height are increased. It only lasts for around 12 seconds, but can be knocked off if the character is hit hard enough.
Bunny Hood trophy from Super Smash Bros. Melee, with text
- ↑ "That's the Bunny Hood, isn't it?" — Happy Mask Salesman, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "That is a fine thing. It is filled with kindness towards animals." — Happy Mask Salesman, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "You borrowed a Bunny Hood. Wear it with (C) to show it off! The hood's long ears are so cute!" — In-Game Description, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Oh, great! You sold it! Please pay me back 50 Rupees for the Bunny Hood now." — Happy Mask Salesman, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Bunny Hood Cucco Shack Thanks for turning chicks into cuccos" — Bombers' Notebook Description, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Bunny Hood Wear it with (C) to be filled with the speed and hearing of the wild." — In-Game Description, Majora's Mask.