Jump to navigation Jump to search
Any Guardian or Ancient weapons
There are four different variants of the Guardian Scout, each with different attack methods and health.
- Guardian Scout I - These guardians have no weaponry, but instead, while rely solely on their laser beam attacks to deal damage. With only 13 HP, these are far and away the easiest scouts to defeat, with Link being able to take them out with even the weakest of weapons.
- Guardian Scout II - These guardians will wield a single weapon and have a base health of 375 HP, making them a more formidable opponent. These scouts can be found mainly in Minor Test of Strength shrines and in other assorted shrines.
- Guardian Scout III - These guardians will wield two items, which could include a sword and shield, or two weapons. With a base health of 1500 HP, they are substantially more difficult than their level II counterparts. These scouts can be found in Modest Test of Strength shrines.
- Guardian Scout IV - The most powerful of the guardian scouts with a base health of 3000 HP. These scouts can wield three items at once, with one of the items being between a shield or a melee weapon. They are found in the Major Test of Strength shrines.
- Guardian Scouts II and III have "arm" stumps where weapons should have been, which crackle with blue energy.
- They can be also identified by the features of their "head" domes. I and II have no features, III has ear-like protrusions and IV has a full headdress.
- Scouts II through IV perform melee attacks by rotating their weapons before attacking. These signal the player as to when to perform a Perfect Guard or a Perfect Dodge.
- As armed Scouts cannot be disarmed, the Perfect Guard can stun them, but they will never drop their weapons unless they're defeated. Alongside Lynels and Yiga Clansmen, this makes them among the only melee base combatants in the game on which Shield Guard has absolutely no disarming effect.
- Unlike Guardians, Scouts don't activate the Master Sword's attack bonus. However, much like those, they are susceptible to Ancient Proficiency.
- Armed Guardian Scouts almost always attack with their "right" limb unless they're holding an axe with the "left".
- Unlike Guardian Stalkers, their legs cannot be cut.