Mipha is a character featured in Breath of the Wild. She was the former Champion of the Zoras chosen by Zelda to pilot the Divine Beast Vah Ruta before her death at the hands of Waterblight Ganon. She was the daughter of King Dorephan and older sister of Prince Sidon. She was also romantically interested in Link and created the Zora Armor for him. Mipha specialized in healing magic, but was also skilled with a spear and wielded the Lightscale Trident.
When Ganon took over Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Mipha was slain. 100 years later, Link returns to free the Divine Beast. Mipha's spirit greets him, stating that she is happy to see he has finally arrived.. She shows him where the map of Ruta can be found, and then explains that he must open all of the terminals within Ruta to free the beast. After opening all of the terminals and activating the main control unit, Waterblight Ganon appears. Mipha once again provides Link with advice and encouragement as he battles the monster.
After the battle is over, Mipha appears before Link as a spirit and thanks him for defeating the monster and freeing both her and Ruta. She offers Link Mipha's Grace, an extension of her healing magic that can revive Link from death. She then takes Ruta to the top of a nearby mountain, and uses its power to weaken Ganon at the castle. Looking to Zora's Domain, she wonders how her father is doing, and wishes she could see him one more time.
- ↑ "That... thing is one of Ganon's creations. I put up as much of a fight as I could, but i proved to be my demise 100 years ago." — Mipha, Breath of the Wild
- ↑ "Now you know who her heart belonged to and who she made this special armor for. The fact that this armor fits Link perfectly should be proof enough that Mipha made it for him and him alone!" — Sidon, Breath of the Wild
- ↑ "A spear of peerless grace cherished by the Zora Champion Mipha. Although Mipha specialized in healing abilities, her spearmanship was in a class all its own." — Lightscale Trident Description, Breath of the Wild
- ↑ "You're here. I must say... that I am so happy to see that this day has finally arrived. Now Ruta can be freed of Ganon's control." — Mipha, Breath of the Wild
- ↑ "You'll need a map to prevent you from getting lost. The Guidance Stone there contains the information that you will need." — Mipha, Breath of the Wild
- ↑ "Good! You've obtained the map of the Divine Beast. You will see several glowing points on your map which represent the terminals that control Ruta. Take Ruta back by activating all of the terminals. Be careful." — Mipha, Breath of the Wild
- ↑ "Hello, Link. Because of your courage, my spirit is now free. And Ruta, as well. Thank you. For I am now allowed by this freedom... to be with you once again." — Mipha, Breath of the Wild
- ↑ "Since I am now a spirit, my healing power would be wasted on me. I have no need of it. So therefore... I would like you to have it. Please accept... Mipha's Grace." — Mipha, Breath of the Wild
- ↑ "Ruta, we've found a way to be useful to Link. And... the other Champions, of course. Our job will be to help Link as he fights Ganon inside the castle... however we can. Using your ability to drain Ganon of his power is key to our success. This is it. This will be our last chance... and everyone's last hope. If we seal him away, then we can restore peace to Hyrule. And both your duty and mine will be fulfilled." — Mipha, Breath of the Wild
- ↑ "Father, are you well, I wonder... I want you to know... I have always followed my heart. I'm sorry I made you worry... I wish I could see you again... Even just once more..." — Mipha, Breath of the Wild