Freeing Korok Forest
|Spoiler Alert! This article describes a subject that is sensitive to plot development.|
|This article is a stub. You can help the Zelda Dungeon Wiki by.|
"At long last, the party sets out for the Master Sword. They use Vah Medoh to sweep away a horde of monsters, then set their sights on Korok Forest."
The scenario begins with a Divine Beast Vah Medoh section, where Revali must destroy 27 Outposts in and over Lake Mekar. The mission that follows has Link and Zelda leading the Divine Beast pilots into the Lost Woods, where Hestu guides them toward Korok Forest until a Malice swamp laid down by Astor blocks their path. They must defeat Hollows based on Mipha, Daruk, Revali and Urbosa to move past it, and for Link to claim the Master Sword in the face of Astor's opposition.
- Divine Beast
- Victory Condition: Defeat the monsters attacking Korok Forest
- Defeat Condition: No defeat conditions
- Victory Condition: Acquire the Master Sword → Defeat ??? → Defeat Astor
- Defeat Condition: Link, Zelda or Hestu flees
Divine Beast Objectives
- Destroy all the Outposts (27)
- Head for Korok Forest
- Defeat the Stalnox
- Find a way to extinguish the Malice swamp
- Defeat the Hollows (4)
- Defeat the Hollows (4, again)
- Defeat Astor
Freeing Korok Forest [text]
"The king issued his first order to the Divine Beast pilots–seek out the knight who could wield the sword that seals the darkness. This would require that they vanquish the monsters in Korok Forest, where the legendary blade slept."
Divine Beast Vah Medoh
"In order to more easily secure the sword that seals the darkness, the Master Sword, the king of Hyrule orders all monsters within Korok Forest be eradicated. A plan centred around the Divine Beast Vah Medoh is made, but its pilot, Revali, seems unsure about their leader."
To the Lost Woods
"Thanks to the power of Vah Medoh, the monsters are cleared away and the party is able to continue on to the Lost Woods. Unbeknownst to them, however, Astor, the Yiga Clan and others have already infiltrated the forest depths."
A Guide through the Mists
"Perhaps due to the monsters' influence, the Lost Woods is enveloped in a thick mist that obscures the surroundings. The party continues forward regardless, wary of enemy attacks, when they suddenly encounter Hestu the Korok."
The Master Sword Emerges
"The party at last arrives in Korok Forest, but they find their way obstructed by Astor. Despite the confusion caused by the Hollows in the shape of his allies, Link unsheathes the sword that seals the darkness."
The Knight Who Seals the Darkness
"With the Great Deku Tree's wait for the hero now complete, it passes along words of advice to Link, who wields the sword that seals the darkness. It also offers Zelda encouragement with awakening her power, before settling back into a deep slumber to nurse its wounds."
- See also: Age of Calamity Treasure Chests
There are 5 treasure chests found in Freeing Korok Forest.
- See also: Age of Calamity Koroks
There are 10 Koroks found in Freeing Korok Forest From the start of the mission, run straight ahead and Hestu will open a passage. Just to the right, there is a pinwheel. Just west of the center of the map, where you fight the Stalnox, find the yellow flower tucked away amongst some rubble.
Challenges & Quests Unlocked
Completing Freeing Korok Forest opens:
- The Challenges Daily Drills: Zora, Hestu's Training & Echoing Footsteps
- The Quests:
- The Blade that Pierces the Eye (Link)
- Village Training Secrets (Impa)
- Preparing for Field Work (Zelda)
- To the Zora Voe and Vai (Mipha)
- Playing Cucco (Daruk)
- Beyond the Wall of Thunder (Revali)
- Colorful Kara Kara Bazaar (Urbosa)
- Pinwheel, No-Spinwheel, Frown-Reversal Magic and Otherworldly Objects (Hestu)
- From Rusty to Trusty (Improve Services)
- More Rattle, More Dance! (Battle Support)