Breath of the Wild
- See also: Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
A century ago, King Rhoam, aided by the four Champions and the Divine Beasts, attempted to stop Calamity Ganon from destroying the world. Ganon was cunning, however, and created the various blight Ganons to take control of the Divine Beasts and turn the Guardians against the people of Hyrule. On that day most of Hyrule's citizens, including the Champions and the King himself, lost their lives. Princess Zelda managed to survive and seal Ganon away inside Hyrule Castle.
A hundred years after these events, Princess Zelda's power began to wane and Ganon was breaking free from his prison. Rhoam encountered Link when he emerged from the Shrine of Resurrection, serving as his guide in the new world. Once Link completes the first four shrines, Rhoam reveals his identity to Link. He will tell Link of the events that caused his demise and pleads with him that he must save his daughter and destroy Ganon.
Following Calamity Ganon's defeat, Rhoam sees his daughter again before he and the other deceased champions depart.
Age of Calamity
|This section is a stub. You can help the Zelda Dungeon Wiki by.|
- ↑ To know Calamity Ganon's true form, one must know the story from an age long past. The demon king was born in this kingdom, but his transformation into Malice created the horror you see now. Stories were passed from generation to generation in the form of legends and fairy tales. But there was also...a prophecy. - King Rhoam
- ↑ "The signs of a resurrection of Calamity Ganon are clear. And the power to oppose it lies dormant beneath the ground." We decided to heed the prophecy and began excavating large areas of land. It wasn't long before we discovered several ancient relics made by the hands of our distant ancestors. These relics, the Divine Beasts, were giant machines piloted by warriors. We also found the Guardians, an army of mechanical soldiers who fought autonomously. This coincided with ancient legends, oft repeated throughout our land. We also learned of a princess with a sacred power and her appointed knight, chosen by the sword that seals the darkness. It was they who sealed Ganon away using the power of these ancient relics. One hundred years ago, there was a princess set to inherit a sacred power and a skilled knight at her side. It was clear that we must follow our ancestor's path. - King Rhoam
- ↑ We selected four skilled individuals from across Hyrule and tasked them with the duty of piloting the Divine Beasts. With the princess as their commander, we dubbed these pilots Champions- a name that would solidify their unique bond. The princess, her appointed knights, and the rest of the Champions were on the brink of sealing away Ganon... But nay... Ganon was cunning, and he responded with a plan beyond our imagining. - King Rhoam
- ↑ He appeared from deep below Hyrule Castle, seized control of the Guardians and the Divine Beasts, and turned them against us. The Champions lost their lives. Those residing in the castle as well. The appointed knight, gravely wounded, collapsed while defending the princess... And thus, the kingdom of Hyrule was devastated absolutely by Calamity Ganon. However... The princess survived.. to face Ganon alone. - King Rhoam
- ↑ The Great Calamity was merciless... It devastated everything in its path, lo, a century ago. It was then that my life was taken away from me. And since that time, here I have remained, in spirit form. I did not think it wise to overwhelm you while your memory was still fragile. So rather than that, I thought it best to assume a temporary form. Forgive me. I think you are now ready. Read to hear what happened 100 years ago. - King Rhoam
- ↑ That princess was my own daughter... My dear Zelda. And the courageous knight who protected her right up to the very end... That knight was none other than you, Link. You fought valiantly when your fate took an unfortunate turn. And then, you were taken to the Shrine of Resurrection. Here you now stand revitalized, 100 years later. The words of guidance you have been hearing since your awakening are from Princess Zelda herself. Even now, as she works to restrain Ganon from within Hyrule Castle, she calls out for your help. However, my daughter's power will soon be exhausted. Once that happens, Ganon will freely regenerate himself and nothing will stop him from consuming our land. Considering that I could not save my own kingdom, I have no right to ask this of you, Link... But I am powerless here... You must save her...my daughter. And do whatever it takes to annihilate Ganon. - King Rhoam
- ↑ Somehow, Ganon has maintained control over all four Divine Beasts, as well as those Guardians swarming around Hyrule Castle. I believe it would be quite reckless for you to head directly to the castle at this point. I suggest...that you make your way east, out to one of the villages in the wilderness. Follow the road out to Kakariko Village. There you will find the elder, Impa. She will tell you more about the path that lies ahead. Consult the map on your Sheikah Slate for the precise location of Kakariko Village. Make your way past the twin summits of the Dueling Peaks. From there, follow the road as it proceeds north... - King Rhoam
- ↑ Go on... Here is the paraglider, just as I promised. With that, you should be able to safely fly off cliffs surrounding this area. And...I think that's it. I've told you everything I can... Link... You must save...Hyrule... - King Rhoam