Buliara is a character in Breath of the Wild.
Buliara serves as the bodyguard of the Gerudo chieftainess, Riju. Riju can be found sitting on her throne in Gerudo Town, and Buliara is almost always by her side. She is rather protective of Riju, due to her young age and the recent rise of the Yiga Clan. Whenever Riju seems to doubt herself, due to her own inexperience, Buliara is always there to take the blame in her stead.
When first appears in front of Riju, Buliara is very defensive of Riju, telling Link to state his business and to keep his distance. After Link tells Riju that he's there to tame the Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Buliara chimes saying that only Lady Urbosa was capable of doing such a thing, and she, along with the rest of the Champions had died 100 years earlier. After Riju recalls that the fallen swordsman during the Calamity was also named Link, she seems a bit more intrigued with Links story. Although Buliara will jump in, stating that the hero from the Calamity carried the legendary Master Sword with him, and Link is not carrying such a sword. Buliara also thinks back and remembers that known of the Champions were Hylian women. Although it is at this point that Buliara realizes that Link is in fact a man.
While Riju is quick to trust Link, Buliara is a bit more cautious. Buliara suggests to Riju, that if Link wants to help, perhaps he should first prove his worth by trying to recovery the stolen Thunder Helm. Buliara encourages Link to visit the nearby Barracks and speak with Captain Teake. The Captain has all the information regarding the Yiga Clan, who are responsible for stealing the Thunder Helm.
- ↑ My lady, do not take this crisis so personally! This failure rests entirely on myself and on the soldiers tasked with protecting the heirloom. If only I'd been more vigilant... - Buliara
- ↑ You stand before Lady Riju, chief of the Gerudo! Declare your business, but come no closer! - Buliara
- ↑ You think you have what it takes to subdue something so powerful as a Divine Beast? The only ones who could ever control them were Champions like Lady Urbosa. And all of the Champions died in the Calamity 100 years ago. - Buliara
- ↑ Hmm... Buliara, a memory just jumped into my head-something my mother spoke of. When the Calamity happened, the princess of Hyrule placed a fallen swordsman into a deep sleep. That swordsman, much like our new friend here, was named Link...though it always seemed more legend than fact. - Riju
- ↑ But, Lady Riju! Do those same stories not also say that the Hylian Champion carried a legendary sword? I see no such weapon in this person's care. - Buliara
- ↑ ...I don't remember ever hearing of a Hylian vai among the Champions. Wait a moment... You're a voe! - Buliara
- ↑ Lady Riju! I don't see how you can trust a complete stranger with something as important as this task. Perhaps if this person were first to prove his worth by recovering your stolen Thunder Helm... - Buliara
- ↑ You needn't worry, Lady Riju. If he truly is a Champion, this should be an easy task for him. Our soldiers can tell you all you need to know about the thieves who stole Lady Riju's heirloom. Head through this arch. It will lead you to the barracks. Then, seek out Captain Teake, and ask for a full report. - Buliara
- ↑ What's wrong? If you truly are the Champion of legend, recovering the chief's heirloom should be simple. If you want to know more about the thieves, then you should speak to Captain Teake. Just head down those stairs. Use this chance to show us what you're capable of! - Buliara